Graduate Finance Intern
- Post Date:August 12, 2021
- Views 488
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Duration: 5 months
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a Danish faith-based civil society organization. It was founded in 1922 by representatives of the Danish Evangelical Church, which continues to be a key DCA constituency. DCA is also supported by volunteers, supporters, and staff working hard to save lives in many countries. DanChurchAid supports the needy and the poorest of the world in their struggle for a dignified and better life and helps those whose lives are threatened.
The Graduate Finance Intern will be responsible for supporting all project-related financial functions including accounting, payments and banking, financial reporting and compliance with both donor regulations and DCA internal policies and procedures. The incumbent will also provide support to programme team, ensuring efficient and effective use of resources. The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Finance (HOF) supporting Finance Officers, Pro-log Officers and Programme Officers.
- Assist in the day-to-day processing of payments in line with DCA finance procedures and policies;
- Assist in daily bookkeeping and data capturing of transactions into DCA’s ERP system;
- Maintain an organized, well-documented and sequential filing system for payments;
- Assist with the Internal and External audit preparations;
- Provide administrative support for project workshops, events, and trainings;
- Assist in procurement of project and office requirements;
- Taking stock of office supplies and raise purchase requisition whenever stocks are low;
- Supporting Finance Officers and program staff in day-to-day finance and admin requirements;
- Assist in compiling monthly and periodic office reports as required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and qualifications
- A degree in Accounting/Finance or related field;
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in Financial management positions in NGOs or International agencies;
- Should be quick in understanding, keen to take instructions, and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-national environment;
- Excellent skills in written and oral English language;
- Good interpersonal and inter-organizational working experience and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders;
- Strong IT skills (strong working experience of spreadsheets);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.
Interested and qualified candidates, please follow DCA online application link HERE and provide your motivational letter and CV including 3 references by 1600 hrs of 14 August 2021.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisting will proceed as applications are received.
Dan Church Aid Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious or ethnic affiliation. During this entire recruitment process, Dan Church Aid Zimbabwe will not charge a fee nor will require payment to be made for any application to be considered.
Place: Harare , Zimbabwe
Deadline: 14 August 2021 (4pm)
Contact person: Human Resources
Related Jobs (24)
Graduate Trainee/ Intern – Administration (Human Resources Section) on October 25, 2021 Internship
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time