Government Medical Officer (GMO)
- Post Date:January 27, 2021
- Views 478
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Chief Medical Officer
The Salvation Army-Howard Mission Hospital is a registered faith based organization providing clinical and social services to marginalized communities in Mashonaland Central of Zimbabwe. The organization is committed to improve the wellbeing of people through quality health care, child protection and household economic empowerment. A dedicated team of experts with a mix of unique talent is helping the organization in addressing the community’s connected challenges.
- The GMO is a generalist medical officer experienced enough to be posted and function at all levels of the hospital health delivery system in Zimbabwe;
- The GMO provides management of all medical and surgical cases, emergencies, chronic and acute cases and refers complicated to the Provincial Hospital;
- Manages minor surgical, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopaedics and trauma, paediatric and medical emergencies;
- Acts or is designated Chief Medical Officer in charge of the Hospital.
Typical background, experience & requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, MBChB, MBBS or any other qualification any other relevant qualification;
- Specialist Services will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience;
- Registered with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates should be addressed to the Human Resources Officer: [email protected] copy to [email protected] and [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring certified copies of all academic and professional certificates.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
CANVASSING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
Deadline: 5 February 2021
Related Jobs (6)
Safety Health, Environment and Quality Superintendent on August 10, 2022 Full Time
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on August 1, 2022 Contract Full Time