Governance and Internal Control Review Consultancy
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 257
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location of Assignment: Harare
Duration of Assignment: 20 days
Reports to: Executive Director
Transparency International Zimbabwe is a non-profit, non-partisan, systems orientated local chapter of the international movement against corruption. The organisation was established in 1996 and exists to fight corruption and promote transparency, accountability, and integrity at all levels and across all sectors of society. Transparency International Zimbabwe is a membership-based organisation currently with a two-tier governance structure comprised of the Board of Trustees and the Management Board. The founding documents of the organisation are the Trust Deed and the Constitution. Over the years, it has become apparent that there is need to harmonise the two governing documents to ensure adequate oversight of the organisation, coordination, and seamless exchange of information between the Transparency International Zimbabwe Secretariat, the Management Board, and the Board of Trustees. The exercise will help the organisation optimise on the diverse attributes brought by both the governance structure and office bearers.
Purpose of the assignment
This assignment aims at assessing the system for internal control and the adequacy and effectiveness of the organisation’s current governance frameworks.
Objectives: This assignment will focus on the following:
- The analysis of the organisation’s internal control systems and governance structure to determine whether these can guarantee quality and accuracy in the entire organisational chain. The assignment includes a review in which routines and systems for operational and financial control are described and analysed. In addition, the consultant shall submit recommendations in respect of improvements deemed necessary.
- An assessment of the organisation’s governance documents, clearly defining the current roles of the two governance structures including their interaction with the Secretariat. The Consultant will recommend an appropriate governance structure for an organisation such as TI Z in line with corporate governance and best practices through production of a standard document.
Scope of work
- Assessing the organisation’s governance documents, clearly defining the current roles of the two governance structures including their interaction with the Secretariat;
- Assessing the funds flow management and budgetary routines for the whole organization including sub-offices as applicable and describe how project/programmes are prepared, approved, and monitored;
- Assessing and verifying the system for risk analysis including systematic and regular follow-up of risks and routines for risk reducing measures and reviewing the organisation’s system for anti-corruption.
Detailed TORs will be availed upon request.
Inception report completed within two days of the inception meeting. The inception report shall include a detailed description of the methodology and timeline for the Governance Review Process with concrete steps. The consultant shall also submit a draft report for comments before a final report is produced.
Qualifications and experience
The Consultant should have:
- Minimum five years of work experience and demonstrated knowledge in Corporate Governance related issues and best practices.
- Excellent English language skills and ability to write clear and compelling content and deliver the outputs with high quality.
Interested applicants with the experience and expertise should send a cover letter responding to the Terms of Reference that includes a CV/s, a proposed work plan including a timeline and a budget, sample of previous work done and at least three (3) contactable professional references to [email protected]
Deadline: 30 September 2021
Related Jobs (27)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time