- Post Date:August 12, 2021
- Views 313
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Mining
Zimasco (Pvt) Limited, a major player in Zimbabwe’s Ferrochrome Production, has some exciting and challenging career opportunities at its Mining Division based in Shurugwi. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, competent and experienced individuals to fill the vacant post of Geologist in the Division on contract basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology plus at least 3 years post qualification experience,
- Working knowledge of the Lynx Mine Modelling System.
- Extensive knowledge and comprehension of the geology of the Great Dyke and chromite Deposits.
- Geological modelling and draughting competencies.
- A good understanding of ore reserve estimation methods under the guidelines of the SAMREC Code.
- Knowledge of geotechnical mapping and underground support methods.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and written.
- Initiate and execute the search for new resources as well as develop available resources.
- Monitor resource quality and extraction by production domains,
- Compilation of ore reserves in schedules that are in adherence to the SAMREC Code.
- Plan and execute cost effective and efficient exploration programmes.
- Provide exploration, sampling, and geological computing services plus mining geology and exploration drilling expertise to Operations Planning.
- Geo-technical mapping and rock mass classifications.
- Design and implement support systems for various ground conditions in mining operations.
- Identify training and development needs of sub-ordinates.
- SHE Management and compliance to the NOSA Five Star Integrated System.
Applications from individuals meeting the above stated requirements together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and proof of qualifications indicating position applied, to be submitted to:
The Manpower Services Manager
Zimasco (Private) Limited,
P.O. Box 124,
Or E-Mail to [email protected]
Closing Date: Tuesday, 14 August, 2021.
Related Jobs (27)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time
Human Resource and Administration Officer (Matebeleland South Province) on December 5, 2021 Full Time