General Manager - Sales and Marketing
- Post Date:March 14, 2021
- Views 420
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Galaway Management Services has been retained by one of its clients — a manufacturing company to recruit and select a suitable candidate for the position of a GENERAL MANAGER – SALES AND MARKETING.
- Formulates & implements sales strategy deriving KPI’s from the Business Plan
- Generates national and regional demand forecast for company products and services.
- Sets performance targets for sales staff and evaluate performance.
- Maintains marketing budgets and optimizes expenses
- Ensures sales and marketing employees work productively and develop professionally
- Evaluates and improves marketing operations and financial performance of the company’s products.
- Provides solutions to issues e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors.
- Develops and executes strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the company’s customer base and increase revenue.
- Sets trade channel and corporate trade/ pricing structures to ensure business growth and reduce default risk.
- Oversees recruitment and training of new sales and marketing employees.
- Carries out trade visits regularly and monitors competitor activities and initiates activities which give business competitive edge
- Negotiates and closes contracts and deals on behalf of the company.
- Initiates new business development plans from existing and new customer base and develops route to market strategies.
- Identifies strategic partners at national & international level and deploys resources to set up channels.
- Assesses product and service performance in different market segments and implements appropriate solutions
- Engages and manages relationships with strategic stakeholders e.g. government/ regulators
- Oversees the effective implementation of promotions and other trade activations within covered geographic regions and segments.
- Develops the necessary plans to ensure that the department meets its agreed objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration/ Marketing Management or equivalent.
- At least 8 years’ working experience in a similar or related environment.
- Clean Class 4 driver’s license.
- Must be mature.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is Monday 15 March 2021. Applications will be considered as they will be received.