General Manager (Safari Lodge)
- Post Date:August 3, 2021
- Views 335
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Our client, a well-established Hospitality organisation, is recruiting a well-qualified, experienced, and motivated General Manager to manage one of their properties situated in Zimbabwe’s largest natural national park. This position will suit an individual who is looking for growth and a fresh challenge in the tourism sector in Zimbabwe.
- Prepares budget plans for costs and revenue and is responsible for controlling costs and generating the revenue as per these budgets.
- Ensures that profit margins are maintained, or exceeded, without adversely affecting quality, in all departments.
- Ensures the efficient running of the Front Office department achieving maximum room occupancy and guest satisfaction.
- In conjunction with departmental managers, sets standards and establishes procedures and systems for departments.
- Ensures that the hotel complies with all government legislation eg. Employment, liquor licences etc.
- Promotes the establishment through various organisations and develops a marketing plan which maximises all business opportunities.
- Establishes contact with guests on a daily basis to obtain feedback on quality of service offered.
- Uses feedback information received from guests and from routine evaluation and inspection procedures to improve service, maintain high standards and minimise guest complaints.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a Diploma in Hotel and Catering Operations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Catering Operations or equivalent.
- 8 plus years’ experience as a General Manager in reputable resort hotels.
- Experience in managing a multi-cultural African environment.
- Sales/Marketing/PR skills.
- Good logistical, planning and organisational skills.
- Social and Digital Media skills would be beneficial.
- Good HR and people skills.
- A Financial background would be a bonus.
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
- Have a passion for the outdoors, wildlife, and nature.
- Have a passion for ALL animals, not only the big five.
- Be able to work in a remote, eco-tourism environment.
- Be a great leader, smart thinker, and team motivator.
- Possess a can-do guest pleasing attitude.
- Be an outgoing people’s person.
- Be well-presented and up for a challenge.
Qualified and interested?
Please email your CV to [email protected].
Closing Date is the 11th of August 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only candidates with suitable qualifications will be considered.
Please Note: If you have not received notice of being a shortlisted candidate within 2 weeks of the advertisement date then deem the application as unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (19)
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
Development of Podcasts (Women’s Participation in Electoral Processes) on October 21, 2021 Consultancy