- Post Date:May 10, 2022
- Views 490
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
National Handling Services is offering a challenging career opportunity to a highly talented, self-driven and results oriented individual to take up the position of General Manager at the Zimbabwean Dry Port at Walvis Bay in Namibia.
- Manage all aspects of the Dry Port Operations activities to ensure and maintain the quality of services to meet International standards
- Develop the Business Unit’s annual plans and strategy to ensure capacity utilisation of the port facilities.
- Develop and recommend an annual operating budget
- Plan, develop and approve operational policies, programs, procedures and methods in line with National Handling Services’ general policies and other applicable regulations.
- Develop suitable programmes and procedures to ensure efficient and safe operation and optimal utilisation of all cargo handling equipment
- Develop, implement and direct programmes to ensure the safety of all personnel including visitors to the operational areas, equipment and property.
- – Promote prompt, smooth and efficient dialogue between stakeholders, cargo agents, authorities and the transport and logistics operations and to maintain strong and professional relationships with customers.
- Develop and manage a system of controls to ensure that the service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed costs, revenue and profit parameters.
- Participate in marketing and sales efforts including planning new account strategies and prospecting for new accounts as well as participate in negotiation of contracts and closing sales.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Degree in Business or equivalent
- Masters in Business Administration or a relevant postgraduate qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in cargo handling, dry port operation, logistics or related field, 5 of which should have been at senior management level.
- Sound experience in marketing and financial management.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- A holder of a valid driver’s license.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letters, CVs and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 12 May 2022
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship