Gender Specialist Consultant
- Post Date:February 14, 2021
- Views 351
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A national Faith Based Organisation involved in development, advocacy and humanitarian work seeks to fill vacancies that have arisen for various projects. The projects are based in Masvingo, Manicaland, Midlands, Bulawayo and Harare for coordination and logistics purposes.
Purpose of the position
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for providing adequate support for the implementation of gender interventions for the project.
- Ensures gender mainstreaming in all project programming processes;
- Conducts on-going coaching and mentoring of staff and stakeholders on gender programming and provide refresher trainings to staff based on ongoing assessment of staff capacity gaps and needs;
- Facilitates training on gender for traditional and local leaders;
- Set up of Gender and Accountability focal persons in communities;
- Train Gender and Accountability focal persons on gender based violence, set up a community based response system and establish a referral pathway;
- Conducts gender training to Church leaders, women leaders and Mubatanidzwa waMadzimai;
- Conducts training to communities on gender issues;
- Compiles and submits reports with analyzed data on gender;
- Identifies emerging issues in training results and implementation and follows up on agreed deliverables;
- Provides inputs into the learning agenda by assisting with the identification of case studies and most significant change stories for documentation;
- Leads the Rapid Gender Analysis, social Action and Planning, GBV prevention and monitoring;
- Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly;
- Ensures that Safeguarding information is disseminated to the relevant stakeholders.
Monitoring, Documentation, Communications and reporting:
- Ensure that at all time the project target achievement is in line with the planned log frame milestones;
- Work with the communication staff to design appropriate mobilization and sensitization messages for the target population;
- Develop appropriate publicity materials like stories, photos and case studies with the media team;
- Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate action;
- Develop project implementation tools including implementation manual, weekly/monthly work plans as may be necessary;
- Ensure timely submission of timely project reports as per donor requirements;
- Conduct timely documentation of project progress through case studies, stories, photos, videos, among others;
- Preparation of technical reports for donors.
Coordination and Networking:
- Represent organisation at relevant functions/ meetings as may be requested by the Supervisor.
Desired qualifications, technical skills and experience
- Masters in Gender, Development Studies, Social Work or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience in gender and women/girls rights and empowerment programming, community development and training/facilitation, education and/or child participation;
- Superior training and facilitation skills;
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
All applications, with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, scanned certificates and letter from learning institution and recommendation letter from your church leader should be sent via email to [email protected]
Subject of the email should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18 February 2021 (4pm)