Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer
- Post Date:September 23, 2021
- Views 511
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Base Station: Masvingo
To support the implementation of gender, protection and disability inclusion interventions for the project.
- Plans weekly, monthly and quarterly project activities and inputs them in the accountability system.
- Provides gender, protection and disability inclusion expertise to the Field Supervisor and designs project tools and strategies, that address gender equality, protection and disability gaps.
- Identifies innovations and technologies that break through gender, protection and disability barriers that currently affect men, women, boys and girls.
- Prepares gender, protection and disability components in project modules and reports.
- Facilitates capacity building programmes for community-based protection structures, program staff and beneficiaries to enhance effectiveness of community prevention and response mechanisms and uphold the rights-based approach to disability, gender equity and protection.
- Provides tools on best practices on cross-cutting issues such as promoting equality on gender and disability, empowerment and constructively engages and sustains the participation of men and boys.
- Inputs into the project weekly and monthly reports for the project.
- Supports in the monitoring of project activities to ensure they are inclusive and supports with reflections and adaptations to improve inclusion as required.
- Identifies gaps and challenges in the protection referral pathways and engages relevant line Ministries to provide solutions.
- Engages relevant line Ministries to follow up and resolve identified protection cases.
- Provides inputs into the learning agenda by assisting with the identification of case studies and most significant stories of change for documentation.
- Provides support to M&E processes on gender, protection and disability implementation and develops relevant responsive toolkits and checklists for monitoring and evaluating relevant developmental programmes.
- Provides support to field staff in stakeholder coordination, develops and maintains district database of key project stakeholders.
- Ensures that Safeguarding information is disseminated to the relevant stakeholders on the Prevention of sexual exploitation and child abuse.
- A Degree in Gender, Development Studies, Social Work or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in Gender, women/girls rights and empowerment programming, community development, training or facilitation, education and child participation.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the intersection of gender with age, disability and other socio-cultural factors that influence development.
- Ability to work with a diverse and multicultural team in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner
- Experience in programming and implementing a disability inclusion project is an added advantage
- Superior training and facilitation skills
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Deadline: 27 September 2021
Related Jobs (29)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time