- Post Date:March 9, 2022
- Views 706
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reports to: Head of Programs
Contract length: 6 months
Apostolic Women Empowerment Trust (AWET) is a non-Governmental registered organization that empowers women and adolescents’ girls in the Apostolic churches to participate in social and economic development processes that affect them as well as advance their rights and those of others.
To ensure the protection of children from harm in all AWET activities.
Roles and responsibilities
The Gender Officer is responsible for:
- Gender mainstreaming and proactive technical support to the organization.
- She will work with all departments and partners to ensure that gender equity principles are incorporated into all policies and activities;
- She will plan, implement and follow up on gender-related activities and provide support to counterpart staff, partners and grantees on mainstreaming gender in their programs and activities, including design and implementation of training on gender-related topics;
- Provide support, training and technical assistance to the partners on gender and related topics;
- Ensure gender integration in the day-to-day activities;
- Provide support to all departments specific to gender mainstreaming, with particular emphasis on helping relevant departments analyze program implications for men and women in various communities and ways to address issues;
- Develop gender sensitive monitoring frameworks, indicators and plan for the department’s policy implementation, functions, impacted and sustained projects and activities;
- Monitor all the department policy, programs, and activities using gender sensitive indicators;
- Support in developing gender sensitive monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tools or the departments projects measuring its result, impact and sustainability;
- Manage the process of collecting and sharing lessons learned on gender equality and women’s empowerment to build knowledge and capacity of partners and stakeholders;
- Provide substantive research and inputs in the formulation and implementation of the country resource mobilization strategy;
- She will establish community level complaints and feedback mechanisms that facilitate reporting of concerns by beneficiaries and promote their participation in project design and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in gender, statistics, development studies or other relevant social sciences studies.
- At least 2 years’ experience in community development, demonstrated commitment to issues and programs in gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Ideally, this person should have field program experience with gendered approaches to GBV prevention and response and WASH;
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, budgeting and financial analysis;
- Experience in proposal writing and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation methods;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in women’s empowerment, gender and related areas;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) for proposal preparation and communicating with donors;
- Computer skills in software supported by the institution (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint);
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks; and must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants send their CVs and motivational letters demonstrating why you are suitable for the position to AWET by the 11th of March 2022 at the following email address [email protected] indicating the position being applied for on the subject line.
Females are encouraged to apply.