Gender Coordinator (SAGE)
- Post Date:February 5, 2021
- Views 454
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Gender Coordinator – Supporting Adolescent Girls’ Education (SAGE) Grant Funded Project: Harare
Reporting to the SAGE Project Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing specialist guidance and support on gender mainstreaming and gender transformative elements of the SAGE Grant Funded Project.
- Provide technical support for design and implementation of gender awareness programs, budgets and monitoring and evaluation processes in line with overall Plan Zimbabwe strategy and objectives.
- Facilitate skills development of SAGE project staff and partners in gender transformative approaches.
- Initiate gender audits of the SAGE project and develop strategies to address the gaps identified.
- Develop innovative approaches that will identify and address the challenges that marginalized girls face in accessing education.
Relationship with Partners
- Build relationships with consortium partners and the Non Formal Education department in the Ministry of Primary and Secondary to advocate for gender transformative approaches to enhance access to education and facilitate transition options for the most marginalized girls.
Program Support and Monitoring
- Provide appropriate technical support in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of gender mainstreaming in the project and provide support to consortium partners
- Support the design or localization of gender transformative tools and materials for use by Plan project staff and SAGE consortium partners.
- Prepare periodic progress and analytical reports ensuring that SAGE project management structures and the technical working group is equipped with the necessary information for appropriate decision making.
- Initiate documentation of case studies from the SAGE which have potential to enhance Plan’s work as well as that of consortium partners.
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in Sociology, Gender Studies and/or Social Sciences.
- A Masters’ Degree in Gender /Development Studies or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in gender and development. Specific experience in gender transformative education programming is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and theories of gender programming
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- MS office skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination
- Ability to develop, motivate and coach and mentor others
- Promotes high quality gender programs
- Having initiative and able to work independently
- Communicates clearly and effectively on gender issues
- Promotes innovation and learning on gender programming
- Confident in taking initiative and exploring new opportunities
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Harare)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 15 February 2021