Gender and Protection in Emergencies Specialist
- Post Date:March 15, 2021
- Views 339
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Gender and Protection in Emergencies Specialist – Harare Country Office
Reporting to the Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation Technical Lead, the Gender and Protection in Emergencies Specialist, will be housed within the consortium Zimbabwe Disaster Rapid Response Management Unit (ZDRRMU) and will support the consortium in a range of functions related to protection, gender and inclusion.
- Provision of advisory and technical support
- Emergency Response planning and response
- Knowledge management and capacity building of local partners
- Works with the consortium RRMU to develop and roll out protection and gender activities for emergencies
- Participates in rapid assessments and ensures that rapid assessments are inclusive of protection, gender and inclusion.
- Ensures the integration of protection and gender and inclusion in all targeted emergency responses
- Provides technical guidance and direction for the effective implementation and monitoring of protection and gender and inclusion in emergencies
- Builds the capacity of Plan staff, consortium members and partners in protection and gender in emergencies
- Develops and rolls out accountability mechanisms for the consortium and its partners
- Conducts partner and field visits to monitor the implementation of protection, gender and inclusion activities, identifying opportunities, constraints and adjustments required including additional training
- Represents Plan and the Consortium in Government and Non-governmental groups as needed and agreed with the Head of Programs
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
- Ensure adherence to Plan’s Gender Equality Policy and Plan’s Strategy on Gender Equality and foster a gender transformative organization culture within the organization in line with overall Plan Zimbabwe strategy and objectives.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures on Safeguarding children and young people, Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilitie
- Degree in Social Work, Development Studies or related field
- An Advanced degree in Gender and/or protection or related field is an added advantage
- At least 5 years experience in gender and development from a reputable organization
- Working knowledge of integration of inclusion of excluded groups in development programming
- Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child rights, especially girls and young women
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and theories of gender and inclusion programming
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination
- Ability to develop, motivate and coach and mentor others
- Promotes high quality gender programs
- Communicates clearly and effectively on gender and inclusion issues
- Promotes innovation and learning on gender and inclusion programming
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position by CLICKING HERE.
Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Harare)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 19 March 2021