Fundraising and Media Communication – Intern
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 500
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Expected Starting Date: 15 June 2021
Location: Harare Head Office
Partners for Integrated Growth and Development (pigad) is a duly registered Zimbabwean Private Voluntary Organisation (PVO). The organization was established in 2014 and it is driven by the vision to empower communities through relief, rehabilitation and developmental programmes in both urban and rural communities.
Currently, pigad is implementing agribusiness development interventions in Mashonaland East, Mashonaland Central and Manicaland Provinces targeting smallholder poultry producers, young entrepreneurs and community based farmer centric organizations.
The purpose of the position is to support the management team in resource mobilisation for the organisation and to promote visibility/credibility of the organisation amongst the donor community through ensuring adherence to organisational strategic goals.
- 40% – To provide assistance in identifying donor resources, raising funds and supporting the proposals writing team for long-term organizational sustainability;
- 40% – To provide assistance in the promotion of pigad visibility;
- 20%: -To support the team in administrative related activities
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering various types of support);
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization;
- Assist the pigad team in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission;
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization;
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization;
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as infographics, brochure, website, twitter, annual report, poster etc;
- Write articles for social media (twitter, facebook), website, the partner organisation and success stories
- Stakeholder liason, sending out monthly reports to various stakeholders on time;
- Attending Donor meetings and trainings on upcoming call for proposals;
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
Supports the pigad team in various administrative tasks as requested from time to time
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in Agricultural economics, Development Studies, International Relations, social sciences, or other related degrees;
- A masters will be an added advantage;
- Access to own laptop and internet is an added advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to work effectively with partners/clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills;
- Experience in data processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), E-mail, and Internet browser software; twitter, FB, powerpoint;
- Strong English skills (spoken and written), fluency in local Shona and or Ndau required.
Submit cover/motivational letter (1-page) and resume (maximum of 2 pages) with traceable references by email to: [email protected]
NB:Short listing will be done as applications are received, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
pigad believes in equal opportunities for all hence women and youths are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28 May 2021
Related Jobs (39)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract