Fund Development Volunteer Intern
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 848
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Less than 1 Year
- Industry Non Governmental
Working location: Bulawayo
Duration: 6 months
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
Support the Member Association’s Fund Development team in raising resources from philanthropists, corporate entities and government subsidies in order to increase and diversify income. The incumbent will be a key contributor to the growth of the funding portfolio as well as day to day donor relationship management with donors and sponsors for the Bulawayo Location.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Volunteer will:
- Assist identifying fund development opportunities at national and local level i.e. corporates, embassies and foundations;
- Writing concept notes and full proposals for both grants and contracts under guidance;
- Securing the location’s participation in consortia applications and proposal development processes externally, and development of value propositions for sharing with potential partner;
- Developing material to help promote SOS CV Zimbabwe Bulawayo location amongst potential donors, partners and key Government representatives, including briefings, capacity statements and presentations under the supervision of the Location Programs Manager and the Institutional Partnership Development Officer;
- Support in organizing all local fundraising activities; Carry out local and international donor scoping.
Qualifications and competencies
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor degree in social sciences (social work, international relations, political science, sociology developments studies, psychology, community development or economics);
- At least six months relevant partnerships development,
- Strong Knowledge and skills in funding strategies;
- Programming work experience;
- Strong relationship building skills and competences,
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team, especially cross-cultural, to meet program needs;
- Excellent communication abilities (Oral and written);
- Experience in local fundraising.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
How to Apply
Applications supported by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates, clearly indicating the position being applied to in the email subject line, should be submitted electronically. Applications that are late, do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 April 2021
Related Jobs (16)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on January 25, 2022
Safety, Health & Environment Compliance (SHEC) Assistant x 3 on January 25, 2022 Full Time
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract