Four (4) x Case Workers - LINKAGES Project
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 947
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Case Workers (x4) – LINKAGES Project
Location – Harare and Bulawayo
- Reporting to the Project Manager, the Case Worker takes a lead role in the implementation of the LINKAGES project in the target district within the expected time frames. The Case Worker is also responsible for facilitating comprehensive case management through linkages with the National Case Management System and other partners.
- Leads the day- to- day planning, implementing and monitoring of the LINKAGES project in close liaison with the Project Manager.
- Works with the Department of Social Development and other stakeholders in completing follow-ups on identified clients to ensure comprehensive case management, ensuring the child’s future safety, wellness and general welfare risks are managed.
- Coordinates with other stakeholders in the field of children’s services in providing quality and comprehensive services to clients in line with the National Case Management System.
- Works with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in ensuring the data reliability and accuracy of the data collected.
- Compiles internal periodic reports on all activities conducted and submits to the Project Manager.
- Integrates the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy with project activities at district level
Coordination and networking
- Participates in, develops and strengthens collaborative relationships at district levels in child rights to enhance Plan’s program performance
- Supports and participates in district child protection related networks
- Leads the sharing of experiences and lessons learnt within the project and with other partner organizations at district level.
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in social work or equivalent qualification from a recognized institute.
- Should have current membership with the National Association of Social Workers Zimbabwe
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience at a similar level in gender, child rights and/or adolescent programming
- Demonstrable knowledge of linkages between protection and nutrition
- Knowledge of programming issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Knowledge of the local language
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination
- Having initiative and able to work independently
- Promotes innovation and learning within the child rights realm
- Communicates clearly and effectively on child protection issues
- Confident in taking initiative and exploring new opportunities
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitivity
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and develop agency to change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 27 May 2021
Related Jobs (17)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract