Foreman Public Lighting (1 Position)
- Post Date:January 3, 2021
- Views 301
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
JOB : FOREMAN PUBLIC LIGHTING (1 Position)
GRADE : 8
REPORTING TO : SUPERINTENDENT (PUBLIC LIGHTING)
Responsible for supervision of installation, servicing, repairing and maintenance of all street lighting, public lighting, security lighting, plant and equipment such as power transformers, lanterns, control switch-gear.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Plans and coordinates shop-floor activities with client needs.
- Allocates jobs to artisans and provides necessary materials, tools and equipment for use by artisans.
- Inspects, diagnoses and corrects failed or malfunctioning electrical components.
- Reads and interprets electrical diagrams.
- Provides technical advice on repair and maintenance solutions.
- Provides the necessary advice to subordinates with regards to all aspects of safety.
- Makes follow-ups on jobs contracted outside Council.
- Performs work studies and recommends improvement.
- Carries out corrective repairs, bench tests and adjustments to components as required.
- Recommends training programmes for Artisans, Apprentices and Skilled Workers 4, 3, 2 and 1
- Generates progress reports on work done, work in progress and outstanding spares.
- Carries out supervision of artisans and performance monitoring.
- Implementation of procedures relating to health and safety in line with Factories and Works act
- Participation in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Apprentice trained in Electrical Engineering with 5 years post qualification experience OR Trade tested Skilled Worker Class 1 in Electrical Engineering with 8 years post qualification experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience at supervisory level
- Certificate in Supervisory Management an added advantage
- Clean Class 4 driver’s licence
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director,
City of Harare,
P O Box 1680,
OR hand delivered to
Rowan Martin Building,
Not later than 12 January 2021.
Related Jobs (17)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time