- Post Date:September 15, 2021
- Views 333
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Transportation
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. Currently, an estimated 5.8 million people are facing severe food insecurity in Zimbabwe as a result of the human-made climate crisis.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The position is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of day to day operations of the fleet of vehicles and motorbikes for both the main office and the Sub/Field Offices in Zimbabwe working very closely with field office admin officers.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Plans for repair activities, maintenance schedules, and service quality of fleet at the main office, sub office and district offices.
- Administers practical CARE vehicle road test at the main office.
- Manages and issues vehicles to properly authorised persons and ensures maintenance of appropriate usage records and manages the vehicle equipment check list between drivers.
- Performs physical inspection of fleet to ascertain condition twice per year
- Manages the vehicle tracking system for the Country Office.
- Champions vehicle planning in the Country Office and maintain a proper tracking system on vehicle allocations for the main office and sub/field offices.
- Collates insurance vehicle claim documentation in liaison with the Administration Officer
- Keeps track on insurance information for the Country Office fleet end ensure renewals are done on time.
- Recommends changes to fleet management policies as applicable
- Keeps track on spare parts replaced for each vehicle/motorcycle including costs.
- Prepares periodic fuel reconciliations, vehicle performance report and vehicle rentals report.
- Recommends service providers for vehicle servicing.
- Train staff on fleet management.
- Monitors fuel systems management.
- Ensures all vehicle users complete the vehicle logbooks appropriately.
- Maintains a proper system of tracking all vehicles hires to projects and ensure that projects are charged appropriately on monthly basis
- Supervises Drivers and Mechanics ensure adherence to the Country Office fleet policy
- Responsible for the maintenance of all generators at the sub office and at the district office.
- Bachelor’s degree in transport and logistics, fleet management or other related fields.
- 4-5 years’ experience in transport and logistics, fleet management
- Knowledge of vehicle and motorbike mechanics is desired
- A clean class two drivers licence
- Good computer skills
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. Applications can only be accepted from people with an existing right to work in Zimbabwe.
Deadline: 22 September 2021