Financial Risk Modelling Manager
- Post Date:April 6, 2021
- Views 279
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
WE ARE HIRING, FINANCIAL RISK MODELLING MANAGER
An exciting career opportunity has arisen within CBZ Holdings Limited for the position of Financial Risk Modelling Manager. If you are a strategic thinker, adaptable and have passion and drive for risk management within a large set up, this is a career opening for you.
The role – what we expect from you:
- Develop models for use in accordance with the requirements of SBUs such as the Banking and Insurance clusters;
- Assess the quantitative requirements of Basel III and Solvency II, such as the ICAAP and ORSA and incorporating these into an integrated Group risk management report to assess capital needs;
- Implement resultant risk measures into decision making to improve day to day operations.
- Maintain Group Model Governance Framework and ensure the proper management of model risk within the model life cycle;
- Draft input into various reports that include Stress Tests, ORSA, ICAAP and Recovery Planning for the Banking and Insurance clusters and make appropriate recommendations.
- Assist the Group with relevant support in implementation of relevant regulatory frameworks such as Basel III, IFRS 9, IFRS 17 and Solvency II.
- Ensure model risks are minimized by implementing relevant back testing and model diagnostics in accordance with best practice.
- Develop and update IFRS9 models for expected credit loss;
- Develop credit assessment models that resonate with risk appetite and tolerance as espoused by Group strategy for lending activities in the Banking Cluster;
- Perform stress tests, back tests, scenario analyses and scenario generation in varied contexts;
- Forecast macro-economic variables and financial rates for use in forward looking models
- Determine the minimum lending rate and developing a pricing framework for this purpose;
- Develop and update risk-based loan pricing tools;
- Assess pricing of insurance products (ratemaking) and reserving to assess capital requirements from an integrated Group perspective.
- Sensitize stakeholders to the importance of active risk management and implementation of ERM.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates towards attainment of the Unit’s goals.
- Ensure Personal Development is prioritised to enhance performance.
- Groom subordinates to ensure effective succession planning at all levels.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- Degree in any of Mathematics, Actuarial, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics or Economics.
- Global Association of Risk Professionals’ FRM designation, PRM, CFA, CQF, Actuarial Qualification or significant progress towards attainment of same.
- +5 years’ experience in risk management;
- Advanced experience in model development, validation and review covering Credit, Market, Operational, Insurance or other financial risks.
- Good understanding of the Basel II/III and Solvency II mandatory risk frameworks;
- Good understanding of Advanced Risk Measurement such as the Computation of Expected Shortfall (ES) models for Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operational Risk, and other Economic Capital models;
- Knowledge of Stochastic Modelling and Simulation;
- An appreciation of financial or actuarial mathematics and related principles;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good computer skills, with working knowledge of using R, Python, VBA and Advanced MS Excel;
- Good verbal and written communication
If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Monday, 12 April 2021