- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 391
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the develooment of operational strategy in order to ensure that internal and external stakeholders receive accurate and timely financial information for decision making. The role also exists to provide the business with sound financial reporting guidelines to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Reviews the Group annual report as a whole for consistence with consolidated financial statements.
- Prepares operational strategy document for Finance-Reporting Department.
- Prepares the Group annual reporting timetable to meet statutory reporting timelines
- Reviews findings of internal auditors and implements plans to rectify any control deficiencies noted.
- Reviews and approves payments to the banks within determined threshold.
- Reviews of internal controls to identify control weaknesses and areas of business risk for the designing and implementation of mitigating controls.
- Prepares research documents on complex and technical transactions aligned to international best practice for financial reporting compliant with IFRSs in the telecoms industry and decides on information to be included in the financial statements.
- Reviews and approves journals before processing for accuracy and validity.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
- Post graduate qualification (MBA / MSC) will be an added advantage.
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in a similar or related environment, with a minimum of
- 2 years in a senior management position.
- Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation and with external parties.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Financial Controller” in the subject area by the 15th of June 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (6)
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time