Financial Controller - Reporting
- Post Date:February 4, 2021
- Views 374
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Business
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Financial Controller – Reporting which has arisen within Steward Bank Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Reviewing annual and half-year financial statements and ensuring that they comply with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Coordinating the preparation of the company annual report.
- Reviewing the annual report as a whole for consistence with financial statements.
- Preparing research documents on complex and technical transactions aligned to international best practice for financial reporting compliant with IFRSs in the banking industry and decides on information to be included in the financial statements.
- Preparing operational strategy document for Finance-Reporting Department.
- Reviewing and approving inter-company balance confirmations, monthly consolidated management accounts, general ledger reconciliations, journals before processing for accuracy and validity.
- Reviewing and approving adhoc, daily, monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly statutory returns.
- Preparing the annual reporting timetable to meet statutory reporting timelines.
- Attending audit planning and audit clearance meetings with external auditors.
- Reviewing and approving responses written by the accountants to issues raised in the external auditors’ management report and implements plans to rectify any control deficiencies noted.
- Reviewing of internal controls to identifying control weaknesses and areas of business risk for the designing and implementation of mitigating controls.
- Handling all queries arising from key suppliers for relationship management purposes.
- Approving payments in accordance with COA and ensuring timely payment of suppliers.
- Identifying relevant training courses and workshops best suited to meet subordinates’ developmental needs.
- Setting performance targets for subordinates and conducting performance appraisals.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Banking will be required
- Post graduate qualification (e.g., MBA /MSC) will be an advantage.
- Member of a Professional Body such as ACCA/ CIMA/ ICAZ
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in a similar or related environment, with a minimum of 2 years in a Senior Management position.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Financial Controller – Reporting clearly written in the subject line.
Closing date for all applications is 5 February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.