- Post Date:May 12, 2022
- Apply Before: June 1, 2022
- Views 288
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Chartered Accountant – Tobacco Sector – “blue chip operation” – Dynamic fast paced CA wanted
The role reports to the CFO.
This job exists to add value to the company through the provision of business support to all functions of the company with a proactive contribution to the timely production of accurate financial and management accounting reports for senior management and external stakeholders. An ability to forecast and adapt in this volatile environment will be key requirements of the role.
This is a challenging and rewarding role.
- The Company’s financial reporting, control environment and treasury. Preparation of audited IFRS compliant financial statements, annual budgets, EXCO/board packs and monthly management reports.
- Interaction with key internal and external stakeholder engagements and relationships including but not limited to: Group Reporting and Group Treasury, Banks, ZIMRA, Auditors (External and Internal), insurers, customers, suppliers and HODs.
- Ensuring accuracy of monthly management accounts and that they are produced in time for final review.
- Managing the company’s trial balance entries and all necessary reconciliations.
- Managing company’s fixed assets, related insurance, and records thereon.
- Identifying, mitigating, and managing all financial and business risks through designing and management of internal controls: Recommend improvements to financial accounting and transaction processes and controls of the organization.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensuring that all tax (VAT, WHT, PAYE and Income Tax), annual returns and acquittals are paid and/or acquitted on time.
- Ensuring that the department is kept aware of any significant changes in tax or other legislation affecting the operations of the Company.
- Ensuring that updated forecasts and key financial indicators are maintained and take into account key changes in the economic environment. Longer term business modelling to aid strategic decision-making.
- Coordinating the company’s departmental budget review meetings and aassisting HODs with information on budgets, updated forecasts, actual expenditure and where necessary, query the variances
- Overseeing the management of stock by the stores department and ensuring that correct and accurate information is captured.
- Delivering of requests of ad-hoc reports as and when required by senior management and external stakeholders.
- Providing guidance to the finance department through setting direction, training, development and driving performance of the finance team.
- Updating of Key Personal Indicators for the Finance Department annually.
- Complying with the requirements of Statutory Instrument 68 of 1990: National Social Security Authority (Accident Prevention and Workers’ Compensation Scheme) Notice, 1990.
- Adhering to policies, procedures and work instructions in line the requirements of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) systems.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in a finance environment, including managerial.
- Good communication skills.
- High analytical skills.