Financial Advisor (Part Time)
- Post Date:June 21, 2022
- Apply Before: July 1, 2022
- Views 385
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of Appointment: Part Time 10 hours per week (Special Short Term with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Adult Rape Clinic (ARC) is a Private Voluntary Organization (61/18) which works to deliver medico-legal and counselling services to survivors of sexual violence and promotes awareness on prevention of sexual violence. ARC’s headquarters are in Harare. It has satellite clinics in Kadoma, Gokwe and Masvingo.
We are looking for an experienced part-time Financial Advisor to support the ARC Finance and Administration Department and ensure adequate implementation and management of financial resources in line with the organisation’s policies and donor requirements.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Design a user friendly, simple financial management account template for presentation of reports to management and the Board;
- Offer quality advice and information regarding financial management to ARC Finance and Non-Finance staff;
- Carry out the Internal Audit function to strengthen internal controls;
- Review and finalize the ARC Cost Recovery and Internal Control Policies;
- Support with proposal development through budget formulation and analysis in liaison with the Partnership and Development consultant;
- Continuously Review and advice ARC’s financial and administrative policies and regulations to improve ARC’s financial management
- Degree in Accounting / Administration plus a professional qualification such as CA (Z)/ ACCA.
- Additional academic and professional qualification that maybe an added advantage for this job
- Masters in Finance / Business Administration / Equivalent
- 5 years relevent / proven experience in a managerial position;
- Strong knowledge and experience of accounting software packages;
- Working with Non Governmental Organisations especially in the Sexual Gender Based Violence service provision sector;
- Proven experience in developing policies, implementing financial controls and internal audits.
Technical skills and competencies
- High level of personal intergrity;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong analytical and math skills;
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements;
- Strong work ethic;
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organisation;
- Computer literate including effective writing skills of MS Word, Excel and email;
- Ability to adapt and learn new software.
Working conditions: This is a part-time position and extension is dependent on the availability of funding.
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualification and experience should be submitted to:
Adult Rape Clinic,
Or email to: [email protected]
Only those meeting the above requirements will be responded to.
ARC’s employment policy is based on gender and human right approaches, therefore offers opportunities to all.
Deadline: 30 June 2022
Related Jobs (33)
Director of Research, Innovation and Industrialisation on June 30, 2022 Full Time