- Post Date:March 15, 2021
- Views 432
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Reports to: Finance Manager
About CNFA and Amalima Loko
CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. Amalima Loko is a new USAID-funded 5-year program implemented by CNFA and 5 partner organizations which applies community-driven approaches to improve food security, nutrition, and natural resource management in over 80 communal wards in Matabeleland North.
CNFA is seeking qualified applicants with significant management and finance experience in USAID-funded programs to serve as Financial Accountant. S/he will serve as a lead member of the finance team overseeing all aspects of financial analysis procedures and reconciliations reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to book of accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting CNFA transactions;
- Analyze daily banking transactions and journal entries;
- Reconcile sub-ledger accounts;
- Analyses financial vouchers for completion and compliance;
- Prepare monthly financial reports for analysis;
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, donor requirements, country law and CNFA procedures;
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports;
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow;
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory returns;
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data;
- Provide advice and assistance and early warning of such problems as cost overruns, excessive charges, and potential penalties;
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by the Finance Manager.
- A holder of an Accounting Degree;
- A holder of a professional Accounting qualification or studying towards one will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years sub awards accounting experience in a Non-Governmental Organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
- Extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and grant cycles;
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and accounting software;
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices;
- Ability to manage complex working relationships;
- Excellent organizing skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and skills formally and informally to diverse audiences;
- Strong facilitation and training skills;
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals independent of supervision.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Ability to speak and understand IsiNdebele and/or other languages spoken in Matabeleland North is preferred.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with “Financial Accountant” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates, especially women are encouraged to send their applications.
Deadline: 28 March 2021 (12pm)
Related Jobs (16)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021