Financial Accountant (CA) – Tobacco Company
- Post Date:June 29, 2021
- Views 438
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Our client offers a young and dynamic Chartered Accountant – TIPP/TOPP Articled – member of ICAZ trained is required – to join their finance department.
Please do not apply is you are NOT a member of ICAZ.
Technical competence in Taxation and Financial Reporting and Budget preparation is a skill requirement
- Completes VAT, withholding, quarterly payment dates (QPD’s) and annual tax returns in compliance with Statutory Requirements
- Review VAT returns and submit, and ensure that the file is adequately supported, including Vat on imported services
- Review WHT returns and submit, make payment if necessary and ensure that the file is adequately supported
- Review PAYE returns and submit, make payment of necessary and ensure that the file is adequately supported
- Manage a plan to utilise tax credits and clear all GL reconciling items to keep clean tax accounts
- QPD computations and submits returns after FM review
- Prepares recons of tax returns vs GL balances/finstats, for all tax heads, i.e., PAYE, WHT, VAT and Corporate Tax
- Obtains ZIMRA ledgers and reconciles them to the company’s ledgers, and follows up items to be cleared and corrected, for all tax heads
- Tax computation and return and handling audits thereof
- Prepares and ensures the implementation of the monthly reporting process in compliance with Corporate guidelines
- Monitors the postings into the accounting system throughout the month
- Reviewing petty cash vouchers, and petty cash spot checks
- Reviewing and posting parked system documents, and reversal of documents
- Posting of manual journals and enter journals that affect certain currencies
- Reviewing and posting stop orders and transporter invoices, reviewing payment proposals and attending to queries
- Approval of purchase requisitions and work orders
- Searches for unrecorded liabilities at each month-end eg through subsequent bank statements, creditors’ reconciliations, standing statutory payments etc, for telecom expenses, security expenses, rent and rates, power etc and posts relevant accruals after review by the Finance Manager
- Calculate the guarantee provision and generate the journal entries
- Review supplier advances, reallocate incurred amounts, follow-up to clear outstanding invoices and agree forex sales balances to the forex tracker
- Prepares reconciliations (payroll reconciliations) to be submitted and reviewed by the Finance Manager;
- Reviews reconciliations prepared by Accounts Clerks in preparation for the Financial Report;
- Reviews the monthly inventory report and submits this to the Finance Manager;
- Prepares the monthly financial statement analysis and submits this to the Finance Manager for approval;
- Reviews creditors reconciliations following a set criteria to ensure that all creditors required per the company’s controls matrix are reconciled accordingly and reconciling items followed up and accounts kept clean.
- Lease accounting – Valid, up-to-date lease agreements are in place for all leases and potential leases, new and amended leases are evaluated instantly, Lease template, armotisation schedule and journal entries completed, Lease recons performed
- Maintaining a checklist of all standing journal entries/accruals, compute the amounts and ensures that all entries are made on time and accurately eg insurance, telecoms, accounting fees, GAAP adjustments etc
- VAT reallocation to long term in documents currency, and all entries in long term are in document currency
- Prepares and ensures the implementation of the quarterly reporting process in compliance with Corporate guidelines
- Prepares closing schedules and submits all reports to the Finance Manager for review;
- Prepares and ensures the implementation of the annual reporting process in compliance with Corporate and Statutory guidelines
- Prepares the Annual Financial Statements and assists the Finance Manager in the review thereof;
- Liaises, when required, with the External Auditors for the statutory and corporate audit and stock count and highlights anomalies to the Finance Manager in line with Statutory and Corporate requirements;
- Coordinating and reviewing inventory count plans, ensuring adherence to count procedures and reviewing count recons and adjustments to agree to GL for green, agricultural, packed and non-tobacco.
- Prepares departmental data and budget each year, and submits this to the Finance Manager for inclusion in the Company’s Annual Budgets
- Review Departmental Budgets during the latter part of the year, and submits to the Finance Manager for approval.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis of budgets vs actual and investigates variances
The company offers a USD salary with partial payment in ZWL.
This job is urgent – email Colin Roberts at [email protected]
Related Jobs (6)
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time