- Post Date:April 23, 2021
- Views 453
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
A Unique Career Opportunity Based at Chiredzi, Zimbabwe
The Zimbabwe Sugar Association Experiment Station [Z.S.A.E.S.] serves the interests of the sugarcane industry through research, evaluation, transfer of technologies and provision of specialized services, to improve sustained productivity and profitability of growing sugarcane in Zimbabwe. The Experiment is owned and funded by the Zimbabwe Sugarcane Industry through the Zimbabwe Sugar Association [Z.S.A.].
We seek to fill a vacant post of FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT/ ADMINISTRATOR in the Administration Division
The primary role for the successful candidate will be to provide accounting, financial and administration support and assistance to the ZSAES Director, management and the Station in general.
Reporting to the ZSAES Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing the monthly and bimonthly Financial Statements for the ZSAES management and Board respectively.
- Preparing the ZSAES office budget and forecast expenditures and consolidation of the ZSAES budgets.
- Consolidating and preparing for the year-end financial and related audits for ZSAES.
- Maintaining the ZSAES fixed asset register.
- Ensuring security of assets through maintaining controls on asset movements and arranging for physical checks at least once a year.
- Planning the daily banking reconciliation and daily payment requirements to ensure ZSAES bank account is adequately funded to meet the cash outflow commitments.
- Reviewing the Vendors Age Analysis and following up on outstanding accounts.
- Managing bookkeeping functions.
- Completing the insurance declaration forms for review by the ZSAES Director before submission.
- Managing and ensuring acquittals with authorities of all foreign payments and managing all procurement processes.
- Ensuring that expenditure is aligned to the approved plans and budgets.
- Interacting with key stakeholders such as Zimbabwe Sugar Sales, THZ, ZIMRA, Sugar Industry farmers and many others.
- Enforcing adherence to Safety, Health and Environmental Management policies and procedures in own department.
- A degree in Accounting or other equivalent or relevant qualification from a reputable institution.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an accounting environment with strong SAP knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills including a high level of accuracy.
- Pro-active individual who can work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- A fast and independent thinker with ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary team of professional researchers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to embrace diversity.
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
Applications with a CV, accompanied by certified educational certificates and a clear one page motivation why you should be considered for the position, should be addressed to:
“ZSAES Financial Accountant/Administrator”
P. Bag 7006,
Email address: [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of applications is 07 May 2021.
This appointment will be made in accordance with the company’s employment objectives to achieve gender equity.
Related Jobs (32)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021