- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Views 694
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Zimbabwe is an International disability and development NGO which works in co-operation with local partner institutions complementing government’s development agenda. Inclusive recruitment of staff is a priority for the organisation which seeks to promote meaningful inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of our work. The organization seeks to recruit a Finance Officer who will be responsible and accountable for Finance and Project Operations matters in the Country Office and ensures strong financial discipline in Country Office and Project (Partner) finances by implementing control and compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilized for and in line with CBM and donor agreements.
- Review financial reports from partners ensuring quality in the reports;
- Review of Project Progress Reports (PPRs);
- Preparation of Requests of Funds (ROFs) for related partner external procurement and manual call up of funds;
- Working with partners to improve accounting and financial systems and identify areas of improvement in accordance with IFRSs & GAAP, partner policies, agreements and applicable donor requirements;
- Maintenance of buffer cash and performance of buffer cash reconciliations on a monthly basis; Review of bank reconciliations;
- Review of liquidations from travel advances, deposit change and check acceptability of expenditure
- Conduct compliance visits to partners and produce compliance reports;
- Support partner capacity assessment and capacity building;
- Perform periodic grant monitoring visits or spot-checks of the partner financial management and control systems;
- Ensure partners adhere to CBM financial policies and procedures in doing their work;
- Offer technical guidance and support in preparing for donor audits including liaison with the auditors;
- Provide assistance in audit preparation and audit follow up for Country Office and Partners
Budgeting and planning
- Analyse project budget and accompanying financial vouchers;
- Provide financial update and overview of financial status of the project and assist in planning and forecasting;
- Participate in the development of the budget component of all proposals with programme team, ensuring all costs are accounted for and maximum costs are recovered;
- Support Country Office in budget planning for partners.
- Logistics and fleet management;
- Ensuring any asset purchase or disposal is done in accordance with CBM guidelines; Stock management, reconciliations and inventory counts.
Desired qualifications skills and competencies
- Must have a degree in accounting;
- Professional qualification such as (ACCA,CIMA etc.) plus articles of clerkship will be an added advantage;
- Self-development and initiative taking;
- Ability to promote learning and knowledge management;
- Computer literacy with high degree of proficiency and productivity working with data bases;
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple tasks at the same time;
- Strong written communication, interpersonal and coordination skills, with proven ability to be flexible and team oriented.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM`s values and commit to CBM`s code of conduct and Safe Guarding Policy. In this regard reference checks and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child related offenses in conformity with CBM safeguarding policy. CBM encourages qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Finance Officer” on the subject of the email. Indicate expected salary in the application letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 July 2021