- Post Date:May 25, 2021
- Views 464
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Finance Officer supports the Finance and Administration Manager to provide leadership, managerial and technical direction for all aspects related to financial activities. S/he supports the provision of technical oversight for financial management and capacity building within the project. The position collaborates closely with other positions to ensure application of organisation and donor regulations and policies as well as periodic review of such policies and regulations to ensure that they continue to reflect the current donor environment, regulations and practices.
The organisation seeks to recruit a Finance Officer who will provide accounting and financial services necessary for the continued operations of the organization and will take care of all the important accounting functions of the organization ensuring that transactions are correctly captured in the most efficient manner and that day-to-day accounting is effectively and efficiently carried out to support the various programs. The post holder ensures that the project is audit ready at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and mid- year donor financial reports for submission to the donor;
- Prepare and facilitate donor verification exercises, assisting in review of financial reports backups and vouching of supporting documents;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination for audit of books of accounts by internal and external auditors;
- Participate in budget preparation exercise;
- Assist in preparing and monitoring donor monthly burn rates reports for various programs to ensure that the budget lines are not exceeded or under spent;
- Prepare bank reconciliation on monthly basis;
- Maintain account payable account on monthly basis;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control reports for donors;
- Assist in development of various accountability vouchers for use in the finance office;
- Carry out correct postings of project expenditures on time, with quality in the system in use (Pastel);
- Regular field visits to all project areas to verify that resources are optimally used;
- Reconcile and consolidate sub-guarantee accounts before submitting consolidated reports to the donors as and when they are required;
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the audit of the grant as per the contractual agreement;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Degree in Accounting or its equivalent;
- A relevant professional qualification(s) such as CIS, ACCA or CIMA is a must;
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures;
- Working knowledge of Pastel accounting system;
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications;
- Excellent communication skills;
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in an NGO environment;
- Knowledge of USAID grants is an advantage;
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested individuals are required to submit an application letter and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable references. Please send the CV and application letter to [email protected] specifying ‘Finance Officer’ in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 May 2021
Related Jobs (10)
Finance and Administration Intern, Education Section on July 15, 2021 Internship
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time