- Post Date:September 2, 2021
- Views 796
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reporting to: The Executive Director
A local NGO in the governance sector seeks to recruit a Finance Officer. This role is responsible for supervising all aspects of the institution’s finance function, which will include financial records, financial reports, budgets, donor funds, internal and external audits and providing financial support to internal staff. The Finance Officer reports to the Executive Director.
To lead and manage the organisation’s finance function according to set professional financial and administration standards. The role will be responsible for the effective and efficient financial management including the preparation of financial plans and financial reports, managing the financial aspects of donor-funded programmes.
- Liaise with the Director on organizational cash flow;
- Liaise with donors on all aspects of financial management;
- Develop a plan for on-the-job training for project staff in financial procedures and educate all team members on financial responsibilities;
- Assist the Director and field management in development of project implementation strategies;
- Identify problems and develop solutions for best financial practice;
- Provide proper supervision, training, guidance and mentoring to ensure smooth financial management.
- Set up and maintenance of the finance system and development of procedures for tracking income / expenditure in accordance with the organisation’s policies;
- Preparation / review of all forms of financial reports;
- Supervise the preparation of allocations of funding and budgeting of planned expenses;
- Ensure timeous settlement of organisations obligations;
- Communicate budgets and spending authorizations to the programmes team;
- Establish banking arrangements and maintain liaison with principal bankers;
- Develop a plan to minimise exposure to currency fluctuations;
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, etc;
- Establish an effective filing system which can provide easy access to information and proper documentation of all financial requirements;
- Ensure all typical donor requirements for documentation of expenditures are met to facilitate attribution of expenses to donors when funding is obtained;
- Facilitation and oversight of donor and institutional audits;
- Define and produce financial reports on utilization of funding to aid senior management in decision- making process;
- Ensure compliance to organisational policies, statutory laws, and donor rules and regulations;
- Working with the Administration office, prepare and process the organisation’s payroll, making all necessary deductions against staff members’ salaries, i.e PAYE, NSSA, medical aid, pensions, as well other advances.
Qualifications & experience
- First Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- A Master’s Degree in related fields will be an added advantage;
- A professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CIS or study towards one will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of various donor rules and regulations will be a strong added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ experience in an NGO setting.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit a CV and motivational letter to: [email protected]
Applications which do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7 September 2021