- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 608
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
POSITION TITLE: FINANCE OFFICER
LOCATION: NATIONAL OFFICE (HARARE)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The World Vision (WV) Zimbabwe Finance Officer is responsible for implementing and maintaining routine financial, accounting and administrative services for the National Office. To analyze and/ or reconcile various detail general ledger accounts for departmental cost reports and preparation of accounting journal entries according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Preparation of Monthly Field Finance Reports
- Review of voucher interface transactional coding in a centralized database structure by ensuring that documents have the required T-codes before input in Sunsystem so as to ensure timeous production of accurate and reliable financial reports of Area Development Programs (ADPs) and for the National Office.
- Posting data on hold in Sun systems to enable extraction and analysis of relevant information for report production.
- Effecting adjusting journals on voucher interface after transmission of backup documents to ADP for review.
Production of Income Statement Accounts, Monthly General Ledger and Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliations
- Produce General Ledger Reconciliation for onward transmission to Global Centre, after cost allocation to ADPs and other Cost Centres and attend to queries thereon and enable National Office to finalize production of Financial Reports.
- Ledger reconciliation for account 200 (Accruals) and 180 (Accounts Receivable) for decision-making by management on timely corrective action to be taken for the accounts with a view to ensure that the office complies with Accruals Accounting Concept as per GAAP and that it does not suffer losses arising from potential costs sitting in the Balance Sheet.
- Responsible for leading the accounts payable team making sure supplier payments are processed on time and that supplier accounts payable accounts a current and up to date.
- Reconciliation of Account 598
Preparation of Settlement Advices (SAs) and Pre Approvals (PA’s) for World Vision Partnership
- Create Pre-approvals and process Settlement Advice (inter-company charges) and journal entries.
- Follow up on SAs pending approvals with various partnership offices
- Preparation of National Office Audits
- Preparation of audit schedules that support financial statement balances during financial year and at year-end for efficient production of requests by internal and external auditors.
Monthly Funding Forecasts
Review National/Program offices Cash Flow and advise accordingly on funding requirements.
Compile and Consolidate Monthly Funding requests and review funding status periodically .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance from a recognised University.
- Possession of a Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, and CIS will be an added advantage
- Not less than two (2) years’ experience in an Accounting environment
- Experience within the NGO sector is an added advantage.
- Professional and emotional maturity required
- Ability to be a team member essential
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and working long hours to meet strict deadlines required
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 23 August 2021
Related Jobs (18)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time