- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 592
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The vision of Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is Solidarity in Action. We are a politically independent membership-based organization working in Norway and in more than 35 countries around the world. Founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organization, NPA aims to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. NPA’s international work covers three core areas: Humanitarian Disarmament, Democratization and Just distribution of power and resources and Humanitarian Action and Crises Responses
NPA in Zimbabwe is working with partners on long-term development, human rights and grass root organizations in the Development and Humanitarian Cooperation (DHC) Programme and clearance of landmines in the Humanitarian Disarmament (HD) Programme.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager (FM) with strong financial, HR, Administration and grants management skills to join the Zimbabwe Programme. The Finance Manager forms part of the senior management team and will play a key role in performing and leading in budgeting, compliance & Grants Management and Reporting, Compliance with Donor Rules and Regulations and Administrative and Personnel duties. The FM will be overall in charge of financial reporting duties and supervises finance and administrative staff. The FM will work under direct supervision of the Programme Managers Zimbabwe Regional Director based in South Africa
This is a national position, based in Harare with national and regional travel as required.
- Participate effectively in policy and strategy development as a member of the senior management team;
- Overall responsibility for NPA Zimbabwe finance management including accounting, auditing and monitoring activities for two programs;
- Facilitate and coordinate internal and external audits in-country and follow up on recommendations;
- Responsible for quality assurance of accounting and financial control as per Norwegian People’s Aid policies, rules and regulations (Financial Handbook) and relevant national legislation;
- Responsible for follow up on corruption cases in accordance with the NPA Anti-Corruption Policy and guidelines;
- Implement learning and procedures in the organization to prevent corruption cases;
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and/or developing local policy and procedures for risk management;
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting processes and associated monitoring and reporting;
- Ensure that the country programs approved budgeting or budgeting amendments revised are correctly recorded/updated into Agresso and ensure the Budget amendments process are in accordance with NPA´s policy/procedures and donor requirements;
- Prepare monthly budget against actual reports for Programme Managers on a timely basis for prudent budget follow up;
- Build skills and capacity within finance, both to the local staff and to partners;
- In cooperation with the Programme Managers and Regional Director ensure compliance with donor requirements in all programmes and ensure donor financial reports are prepared as per contractual obligations;
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the Regional Director and NPA Head Office and donor;
- Strive to enhance collaboration between Finance and Operations/Programmes (DHC and HD);
- Prepare the distribution of indirect costs of the Programme;
- Maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet by ensuring prompt preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations (TBR);
- Manage the cash flow and ensure there is adequate cash in-country for activities/operations;
- In close collaboration with the Logistics Department, ensure funds are spent in accordance with the budget;
- Capacity building of programme staff in finance management and monitoring;
- Line Manager for finance and administrative staff;
- Perform regular field visits and ensure adequate internal controls are in place;
- Assist in financial capacity assessments and review of NPA partners’ financial systems and budgets;
- Budget Monitoring and Control of NPA Partners budgets, expenditure and audits;
- Responsible for implementing training of partner’s staff in all finance issues;
- Overall responsibility for the administrative, logistics and human resource duties for the DHC Programme;
- Organize effective communications of all Finance, HR, Security, IT policies, systems and procedures to staff, and monitor the implementation to ensure they are being followed by managers and staff;
- Close collaboration with NPA Head Office to ensure effective roll out of new Finance and HR procedures and feedback on development of new policies and systems.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- A professional certification in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA or CPA holder) and or have an academic degree in accounting and/or financial management;
- At least 5 years’ proven experience working at senior level in programme management in development work, managing multi-functional work team, multiple grants and managing multiple offices or locations;
- Experience working with partners;
- Experience with capacity building of staff;
- Sound and good understanding of local labour and tax laws;
- Working experience in international NGO or the donor sector (preferably knowledge and experience managing funds from NMFA, NORAD, FCDO, USDOS etc;
- Ability to build strong, credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with strong influencing and persuasive skills;
- Computer literacy and ability and willingness to learn about accounting packages and systems;
- A clean class 4 driver’s license.
- Fluency in spoken and written local languages;
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and make decisions as required;
- Flexibility in terms of working hours which may include working after hours and/or weekends;
- Knowledge or appreciation of Zimbabwe context in terms of political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region;
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly, at times at short notice, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to achieve results through others;
- Strong and capable leader;
- Structured, accurate and efficient;
- Ability to cope under pressure and flexible to handle changing priorities;
- Large capacity for work;
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances;
- Culture-sensitive, diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
- We consider it an advantage if you also have working knowledge of the Agresso Accounting Software and experience from HR, Logistics and Admin work.
To apply, email full CV with traceable references to [email protected]
NPA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information about NPA, please see our website at https://www.npaid.org/Our-Work/ or visit us on Facebook or Twitter
Deadline: 1 June 2021