- Post Date:May 6, 2021
- Views 482
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
POSITION TITLE: FINANCE MANAGER
LOCATION: NATIONAL OFFICE (HARARE)
Purpose of the Position:
To manage the financial transactions, treasury, financial accounting, financial reporting aspects and the day to day running of the finance function of World Vision Zimbabwe (WVZ) at the National Office. To ensure that all the technical aspects of financial accountability are functional, coordinate all systems and procedures in accordance to World Vision International (WVI) Field Financial Manuals, financial and non-financial WV policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS)/International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as applicable.
- Oversee the production of monthly Consolidated Financial Reports for the entire office in ensuring that reporting deadlines are met and financial information has integrity and is in accordance with World Vision Field Finance Manual, IFRS and Cost Allocation methodologies.
- Ensure that there is a seamless integration of systems between Technical Development (TD) (development sponsorship accounting) and Humanitarian Emergency Assistance (HEA) (grant accounting)
- Compiling of Finance Divisional Monthly Management Report for input in National Office report to regional office
- Compiling of external audit financial statements to ensure positive audit opinions are passed by auditors, compliance with accounting standards and WVI policies. Prepare financials for Annual report for statutory, public and donors requirements.
- Manage the annual year end processes to ensure compliance with Global Centre year end memos for closure of financial year books in accordance with WVI FFM IAS and IFRS to ensure year end processes and financial reports reflect a true and fair view of financial position of the office, in compliance with Support Office carry forward Partner Budget and Actual System (PBAS) processes.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are in accordance to WVZ financial policies, guidelines, and internal controls and minimize risk exposure and losses for the office.
- Review monthly payrolls before payment to ensure accuracy, proper charging to cost center and compliance to Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) regulations and local and global Human Resources (HR) policies.
- Manage the treasury function of WVZ by ensuring appropriate liquidity levels are maintained for all off shore and in-country bank accounts, manage investments to ensure smooth implementation of ministry by both HEA and TD projects/grants.
- Financial Risk Management in the areas of treasury management and foreign currency exchange in order to minimize financial losses i.e. foreign exchange losses and funding losses through implementation of appropriate hedging techniques.
- Manages funding downloading process for currency conversions processes in accordance to approved funding structures and banking regulatory framework to ensure optimum exchange rates are obtained for currency exchange.
- Transmission of Global Center payments to ensure adherence to Global Treasury guidelines and resolving of related queries.
- Manage the investment of severance, Emergency Response and Disaster Management (ERDM) and self-insurance funds at Global Centre by ensuring that all provisions are adequately funded.
- Mange the inter World Vision office transaction through the review, approval of Pre approvals and settlement advices on the Settlement Advice (SA/Inter-office) database on a daily basis.
- Ensure financial systems and controls are established and maintained in order to provide appropriate levels of security and controls over financial resources of the organization.
- Provide technical financial support to cost centre heads in interpretation of financial statements, risk assessments, budget spending to aid decision making and enhance ministry.
- Daily approval of Payment Requests, Journals and procurement documentation in accordance to Field Financial Manual (FFM), WV policies and GAAP accounting standards to mitigate against transactional risks
- Explore ways of reducing operational costs by leveraging cash resources without compromising ministry.
- To ensure WVZ is responsive in providing feedback and responses to Global Treasury and Global Financial Solutions (GFS) on financial reporting and treasury issues.
- Ensure the spending and funding draw downs of WVZ is in accordance to PBAS committed funds at any time.
Financial Planning and Control
- Consolidating of the entire WVZ budgets including Support Cost budgets in accordance to Cost Allocation Policy (CAL) budget guidelines and conduct budgetary review for cost centre budgets and providing budget justifications to Resource Working Group (RWG).
- Advice executive and management on the monthly budget trend analysis and budget projections in order to mitigate against potential budget overruns.
- Ensure that the office spending is within the budget guidelines from the Regional Working Group and PBAS commitments.
- Oversee and approve the budget request and commitments of office budget on PBAS and that budget carry forward are accurately input on PBAS.
- Perform financial analysis on WVZ financial performance for executive strategic decision making and other analysis that have financial implication to other departments at National Office e.g. People & Culture / Human Resources, Operations etc
- Perform economic reviews and outline impact on the organization to assist executive and management in accomplishing business objectives.
- Assist with cost centre resource allocation; cost and efficiency of WV operations; and numerical analyses at national and project levels
- Review and monitor financial procedures, internal controls, policies and manuals as well as improve on financial systems, procedures and internal controls and advice Finance Director on policy changes to mitigate against weaknesses in control environment.
- Ensure implementation of internal controls and compliance to ensure that WVZ does not violet stewardship in ministry delivery.
- Coordinate and facilitate all financial audits in ensuring that there is smooth running of Internal, External and Partnership audits, Year-end processes by ensuring that no adverse audit results and that audit recommendations are implemented.
- Advice executive on regulation and government policy changes that impact the organization.
Grants Management and Resource Mobilisation
- Provide financial leadership to all Grants implemented in the North, new and current, and these include: Cyclone Idai, WFP, Enterprise, ECHO, ADH, FAO, UNHCR (Tongogara Refugee Camp) grants etc
- Manage Grants to comply fully with reporting, audit, compliance, budgetary and closeout requirements in this final year of implementation.
- Maintain reasonable oversight on Sub Recipients’ financial management and compliance through quarterly financial support visits, field visits, meetings and desk review of financial reports.
- Close out Sub Recipients under the grant in accordance with WV policies and donor regulations.
- Support resource acquisition efforts through participating in proposal development process, including proposal development (budgeting) and go/no go decisions.
- Staff supervision, mentoring and capacity building to ensure the technical capability is as per global and local context.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of finance staff in WVZ.
- Conduct coaching for performance for finance staff at the National Office to ensure Key Performance Indicators are attained.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or a related field.
- MBA in Finance, Masters in Business Leadership(MBL), MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing will be an added advantage.
- CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance management leadership position
- Knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements is key
- Strategic Leadership
- Ability to manage multiple revenue sources
- Experience of treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems is preferred.
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Experience working in a challenging operating environment is an added advantage
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Highly flexible and agile in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Experience with planning and forecasting
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Sound networking and engaging skills
- Must be able to lead and manage a team.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & ProVision.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 May 2021