- Post Date:May 30, 2022
- Views 464
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A leading creative and digital media organization based in Harare, Zimbabwe, is looking for a candidate to fill the role of Finance Manager in their finance department.
The Finance Manager shall be responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of the organisation’s accounting systems, distributing of financial resources, budget planning, and supporting executive management team in financial decisions in compliance with the organisation policies and procedures.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds;
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements;
- Ensure transparent system in place for management of the organisation’s Financial & Admin Consultancy funds for external organisations;
- Assist in determining the organisation’s proper capital structure;
- Coordinate both internal and external audits.
- Manage the preparation of the organisation’s budget;
- Report to senior management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances;
- Assist senior management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction;
- Produce quarterly projections and share with Management and Board.
- Coordinate financial reporting for the organisation and its external partners;
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the organisation;
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement;
- Interpret the organisation’s financial results to management and recommend activities for improvement;
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management;
- The analysis may furthermore look at review of Pastel reports, and other donor reports done by the Finance Officer.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
- Manage outsourced functions;
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Supervise the finance department;
- Present financial report to the Board at quarterly meetings;
- Ensure procurement and compliance with partners and internal requirements;
- Support the management and administration of financial records;
- To keep proper set of books for the organization;
- Provide leadership in project finances;
- Oversee the management of grants.
- Candidate to ensure they possess skills to do final accounts in preparation for the annual final audit.
- A minimum of Accounting Degree or related from a reputable tertiary institution;
- Should have a full professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CIS, CA (Z) or similar;
- Minimum of five years’ relevant working experience in a similar position preferably acquired in a non-profit making or related environment;
- Good experience in Pastel and Belina Payroll;
- Must have excellent interpersonal management and relationship building skills;
- At least a clean Class 4 Drivers’ licence is an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements should forward a Cover Letter and CV with subject title “Finance Manager” to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 3 June 2022
Related Jobs (9)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship