- Post Date:March 16, 2021
- Views 445
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Application Deadline: 22 March 2021
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Duration: 9 months
Start date: 1 April 2021
About DCA Zimbabwe
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Danish faith-based civil society organization. It was founded in 1922 by representatives of the Danish Evangelical Church, which continues to be a key DCA constituency. DCA is also supported by volunteers, supporters, and staff working hard to save lives in many countries. DanChurchAid supports the needy and the poorest of the world in their struggle for a dignified and better life and helps those whose lives are threatened.
The Finance Intern will particularly be responsible for the attainment set objectives. He/she will be responsible for providing support to the finance, administration, procurement department and will work closely with Finance and Administration Officers.
- Payments- Assist in day to day processing of payments in line with DCA finance procedures and regulations
- Bookkeeping – assist in daily bookkeeping and data capturing of finance vouchers into the system
- Filling of documents and also assist with retrieving documents during audits
- Administration – assist in workshops, meetings planning and hotel accommodation bookings for participants
- Procurement- assist in procurement of office requirements as well as projects requirements. Also taking stock of office supplies and raise purchase requisition whenever stocks are low supporting Program staff in day to day finance and admin requirements
- Assist in compiling monthly and periodic office reports as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in Accounting/Finance or related fields; a minimum of 1 years of work experience in Financial management positions in NGOs or International agencies; ability to manage large and complex donor funded programmes/projects; ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-national environment;
- Excellent skills in written and oral English language;
- Good interpersonal and inter-organizational working experience and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders; strong IT skills (strong working experience of spreadsheets);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.
Related Jobs (16)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021