Finance Intern - Harare
- Post Date:February 5, 2021
- Views 465
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, assisting people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. Today IRC works in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, restoring safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC began programming in Zimbabwe in 2008 to support the cholera emergency response and has since been a key player in health, governance, markets development, and disaster risk reduction.
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Intern maintains cashbooks, handles all cash and bank payments and files all finance documentation.
- Cash and Bank payment processing-Maintain the USD cash and bank spreadsheets at the set limits; take responsibility of any cash differences arising;
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement;
- Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart;
- Prepare the cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by the Finance Officer prior to upload in SUN system;
- Performing supervised cash counts every Fridays;
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of money;
- Ensure all cash received is duly receipted and coded and promptly banked ;
- Each month stamp original documents “PAID”;
- Maintain bank information file;
- Collection of bank statements from the bank on a monthly basis;
- Filing-Prior to filing ensure that all documents have been stamped ‘PAID’;
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers;
- Archiving of prior years’ finance documents as instructed by the Finance Officer;
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the Finance Officer;
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor;
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director;
- Circulate the advance register on a weekly basis;
- Compile the monthly cash forecast for the field office; Compile VAT refund schedules;
- Submit withholding tax returns to ZIMRA on a monthly basis;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business-related degree from recognized College/ Institution or Student from a locally or internationally recognized tertiary education institution looking for an industrial attachment;
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by submitting CVs and cover letter stating the position in the email subject line to [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline: 17 February 2021