- Post Date:August 12, 2021
- Views 692
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Report to: Finance Officer
Working under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Intern primary role will be to support the Finance department with developing a filing system (for both electronic files and hard copy file) as well as ensuring that all transactions are adequately supported.
- Assist the Administration Assistant in the processing of payments by preparing cash disbursements, wire transfer requests, templates for all cash disbursements for posting in the accounting system (Gestionale);
- Ensuring that all requests are correctly approved;
- Assist in managing finance records including receiving, retrieval and filing;
- Ensure compliance with agency and donor rules and regulations;
- General administrative and clerical support to the finance department;
- Assist in procurement of project and office requirements;
- Taking stock of office supplies and raise purchase requisition whenever stocks are low;
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure;
- Ensure that all Petty cash transactions are adequately supported and approved;
- Develop an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Officer or designate.
- Student currently studying Accounting/ Finance with a recognized institution, basic computer knowledge and accounting software proficiency;
- At least 1 year experience in an Accounting environment preferably with a not for profit organisation;
- An appreciation of internal controls, policies and procedures;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to: [email protected]
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please note the post can be filled before deadline
Deadline: 17 August 2021