- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 453
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duration: 6 months
We Effect, an International Swedish NGO with offices in Harare, Zimbabwe, invites applications for the position of Finance Intern. The Finance Intern will provide support to the Country Office finance department.
Provide financial support in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the Project.
- Review project financial requests submitted by partners for completeness with regards to supporting documentation;
- Prepare payment vouchers for payments on behalf of partners for submission to the Financial Controller for disbursement;
- Forward proof of transfers to partner Finance Officer;
- Reconcile the partner clearing account and communicate variances with the partner Finance Officer;
- Review partner monthly expenditure in comparison to the submitted monthly reports;
- Conduct compliance monitoring visits to project partners;
- Provide capacity building support to partners;
- Follow-up on monthly financial reports with partners;
- Capture monthly reports from partners into iScala;
- Consolidate the partner financial reports monthly;
- Monitor the partner budget utilization and communicate any deviation;
- Assist in the Country Office annual audit;
- General administrative and clerical support to the finance department.
- Assist the other staff as requested and perform other related duties as required by the management.
- Recent graduate in Accounting/ Finance with a recognized institution, basic computer knowledge and accounting software proficiency;
- At least 1 year experience in an Accounting/ Auditing/ Grant Management preferably with a not for profit organisation;
- An appreciation of internal controls, policies and procedures;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Candidates meeting the requisites for respective vacancy below should e-mail their application letters including CVs, with full contact details of at least three traceable professional referees to We Effect [email protected] Applicants should clearly indicate the job position in the subject of the e-mail.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We Effect is an equal opportunity organization and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18 June 2021
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Intern, Education Section on July 15, 2021 Internship
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time