- Post Date:August 21, 2021
- Views 1101
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty station: Harare
Position code: PS – FI 21
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. Currently, an estimated 5.8 million people are facing severe food insecurity in Zimbabwe as a result of the human-made climate crisis.
Through strategic local partnerships, CARE is implementing both short-term and long-term programming to empower Zimbabwe’s vulnerable households to meet their basic needs through sustainable livelihoods. To that end, CARE’s programming in Zimbabwe is focused on the following areas: food and nutrition security, climate resilient livelihoods, economic development, education, and water, sanitation, and hygiene
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
- Ensures documentation for vouchers are up to date and where possible proper additional hardcopy documents are kept on files.
- Accesses payment vouchers, proof of payments and avails them to auditors, finance team and other third parties upon request
- Receives and records transactions into the SCALA financial system
- Assists in the recording of payment requests
- Ensures sufficient documentation before entering transactions into the financial system.
- Assists in preparation of pay cycles/ schedules
- Writes cheques, prepare online payments, and submit for signatories’ approvals.
- Submits payments to signatories for authorization and follows up on urgent payment requests
- Delivers the payment to the payee and files proof of payment
- Assists in compiling allocated donor reports, sub ledger reports and bank reconciliations before the set monthly deadlines.
- Promotes and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Creates an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensures high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent
- 1 year attachment/work related learning experience in finance
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pays attention to detail
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Deadline: 27 August 2021