Finance Head of Department
- Post Date:March 1, 2022
- Views 429
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Action Against Hunger (ACF) has been working in Zimbabwe since 2002 and over the years, has been a key humanitarian actor in the country. Since 2015, ACF has adopted an intervention strategy focused on localization and capacity development through partnerships, in particular with two national organizations, NAZ (Nutrition Action Zimbabwe) and AA (Africa AHEAD).
Reporting to the Country Director, the position ensures sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management Framework and local legislation.
- Creating and managing the budgetary framework for the mission;
- Making financial and budgetary information available to other departments to facilitate the establishment of the country strategy;
- Producing high quality and timely financial and budgetary contributions for proposals and reports for funding bodies;
- Representing the mission to outside bodies on issues of finance and budget and developing a network for the exchange of information and good practice;
- Disseminating information about accounting procedures throughout the mission and ensuring they are observed;
- Designing, promulgating and ensuring compliance with cash management procedures across the mission;
- Designing and keeping up to date cash management procedures adapted to local conditions, suggesting alternatives in the light of any changes, authorizing and organizing the transfer of funds to the bases and Partners;
- Consolidating and approving the treasury forecast of the mission and forwarding it to headquarters;
- Monitoring contractual payments made by funding bodies and signed off in the field;
- Approving the choice of banking establishments, checking their solvency and reliability, securing optimal conditions, approving and requesting the opening and closing of accounts and the adding of signatories according to ACF procedures;
- Participating in the process of selecting implementing partners and validating the financial risk analysis provided by the bases;
- Defining with partners the modes of financial and budgetary management in the framework of joint projects;
- Validating the financial and budgetary aspects of partnership conventions and agreements;
- Identifying risks of fraud and corruption in his / her field of competence and setting up preventive and monitoring mechanisms.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant fields;
- Registration as a full member of a Professional Accounting Body such as CIMA, ACCA and CIS;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, operations and financial management of largescale, international development assistance programs in developing countries;
- Knowledge of the requirements and experience managing grants from the major donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting;
- Experience of engaging with donors at country strategy levels;
- Experience of and well-developed skills in staff management and supervision;
- Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills;
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and / or regions;
- Solid experience in budget management, financial reporting, bookkeeping, award management, financial data management etc;
- Knowledge of use of several accounting packages including advanced Excel skills;
- Good analytical and reporting (in English) capacity;
- At ease with communication and representation in technical and non-technical Fora Specific conditions / salary: Competitive salary and vacation offering.
Complete online form here
Forward cover letter with up-to-date detailed CV as one document and clearly indicate the post applied for in the email subject to [email protected] not later than 4 March 2022.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.