Finance Executive – Chartered Accountant
- Post Date:February 24, 2022
- Views 354
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
An investment holding company targeting growing companies, mainly in Zimbabwe and the SADC region is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced CA person to assume the role of Finance Executive.
The successful candidate must be a driven team player, who is also dynamic, assertive and results oriented. The candidate must also have strong leadership qualities and good communication skills, in particular the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholders and investors.
The person shall work closely with the Group CFO and others through their operations from HQ.
The Finance Executive is responsible for accounting, tax, portfolio valuation, financial reporting and investor reporting. He/she will take the lead with respect to external audit and compliance matters.
- Quarterly reporting for the funds, tax compliance and financial reporting
- Supervise fund accountants, whose responsibilities include fund and management company accounting, budgeting, cash flow management and other financial analyses for the company
- Ensure that accurate, timely analysis and reporting of financial information is in line with the firm’s goals, objectives and obligations
- Oversee preparation of fund financial statements
- Ensure completion of fund audits and oversee tax matters
- Cash management, including monitoring cash balances, capital requirements, investment funding, manage reserves, etc.
- Collection, review and maintenance of portfolio company financials and reporting
- Ensure timely billing and collection of receivables from portfolio companies
- Oversee portfolio company valuations, in line with IPEVCA guidelines
- Oversee company secretarial functions
- Ensure appropriate transfer pricing and any other tax compliance documentation is in place.
Our client seeks a Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Additional qualifications e.g. MBA or CFA is an added advantage.
- Experience with setting up systems and internal control processes desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, accounting/financial skills.
- Ability to work independently in order to deliver on required tasks is critical.
This career development role is ideal for those CAs already on the fast track seeking future promotion.