- Post Date:April 22, 2022
- Views 214
- Career Level DirectorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Banking
Reporting to: The Managing Director
The Finance Director will be responsible for managing the Financial, and operational aspects of the Bank as well as grow shareholder value through the development, review and implementation of sound financial strategies in conformity with the Bank’s strategic plans and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide regular, sound and accurate Financial advice and information to the Board, Managing Director and other Management team members of the Bank.
- Formulate and implement short and long term financial policies, strategies and plans.
- Develop, recommend and implement innovative ways to increase revenue and reduce costs in order to increase profitability.
- Formulate budget Framework for the Bank bi-annually and annually in accordance with strategy determined by the Board.
- Oversee timeous and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensure that all accounting and reporting is accurate and in accordance with IFRS Standards.
- Develop and implement effective internal financial controls.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investments requirements.
- Formulate measures to mitigate Financial risk in the Bank on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies and plans to smooth cash-flows.
- Coordinate year-end process, External Auditors and support the Board Audit Committee.
- Ensure adherence to sound corporate governance principles.
- Ensure the development and acceptance of challenging but realistic objectives, plans and budgets by immediate subordinates and help them to achieve desired results.
- To ensure that continuous improvement philosophy is implemented throughout the Finance Functions.
Job Skills and Competencies:
- Possession of strong leadership skills.
- Have strength and vision to influence Executive Management decisions.
- A team player who is able to interact confidently at Board level.
- Must be able to demonstrate capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) and a holder of a post-graduate qualification such as MBA/MBL.
- At least 15 years progressive corporate working experience in Financial Management with at least 10 years at Senior Management level.
- Financial Services sector experience an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume no later than 24 April 2022. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.