- Post Date:May 20, 2021
- Views 995
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Job Number: 35423
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Part of Zimbabwe Finance team contributing and supporting the development and attainment of Finance strategic objectives through providing value added support to the business and to ensuring consistent accounting methodologies / standards with reporting & forecasting platforms which enable commercially sound decision making whilst ensuring full compliance with the statutory frameworks.
- Delivery of all internal reporting requirements, including forecasts, in line with Group guidelines.
- Execute monthly, quarterly and annual financial period closures in line with the Group calendar.
- Prepare IFRS & Companies’ Act compliant annual statutory financial statements and coordinate review by external auditors.
- Support the Finance Director in delivery of financial reporting requirements (Board reporting, Press statements, Annual report and Investor briefings).
- Coordinate external audit to ensure timely completion and to budget.
- Ensure complete, accurate & timely tax computations and returns, including liaison with external tax consultants for review.
- Key point of contact for Finance Shared Services Centre, ensuring service delivery as agreed and championing improvements in finance processes.
- Overall responsibility for general ledger management and reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with Group accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of financial transactions in SAP.
- Perform variance analysis to assess the impact of proposed strategies on business results and provide insights to support informed business decisions.
- Support and/or manage as appropriate all aspects of the local financial environment, including cost centre control and provide insights for efficiencies.
- A graduate degree in Accounting or Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA or CA)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant financial experience with at least 2 years in a controlling or audit related finance environment.
- Working experience of an ERP (preferably SAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good collaboration and influencing skills with ability to interact with and obtain buy in from all levels of management.
- Understanding of commercial business drivers.
Key Success Factors
- Ability to deliver quality output and meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and perform under pressure.
- Risk and control awareness with proactive approach to issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate and get buy in from colleagues including Area Head Office and external stakeholders.
- Open mindedness and willingness to learn.
- Local and Area Finance teams; Collaborate closely to deliver functional agenda.
- Finance Shared Services Center; Collaborate closely to ensure seamless execution of finance services and provide high quality, timely management information to the business.
- Cluster Leadership Team; Provide business partnering and budget holder support to improve overall business performance
- External auditors and tax consultants; Maintain on-going relationships and provide requisite support in delivery of external audit and tax objectives.
- External service providers (suppliers and financial institutions); Maintain high level relationships as applicable.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Related Jobs (37)
Assistant Bursar x 3 & Administrative Assistant x 2 on January 19, 2022 Contract