- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 538
- Career Level ClerkQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
POSITION TITLE: FINANCE CLERK
LOCATION: NATIONAL OFFICE (HARARE)
*This Post is Only open to INTERNAL Candidates Only*
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The World Vision (WV) Zimbabwe Finance Clerk is responsible for providing support to the Bookkeeper in all aspects of Finance, with specific assigned responsibility for all aspects of accounts payable, advances to staff, and certain account reconciliations.
Petty Cash Custodian and Issuer
- Ensure National Office Petty Cash is kept intact and secure
- Ensure that the Petty Cash float is timely reimbursed
- Ensure that correct supporting documentation is used to request Petty Cash and to do expense reports.
- Timely reimbursement of Petty Cash
Filing of documents and retrieving documents as when requested
- Filling correctly and timely all printed journals
- Safeguarding all the files by putting them in the strong room / containers
- Timely retrieving journals as requested e.g. by internal and external auditors
Invoicing of documents to Shared Services Centre (SSC)
- Correctly preparing daily invoicing sheets
- Timely invoicing daily supplier invoices daily
- Timely responding to queries raised by SSC
Assisting in Administration related issues in the Section
- Assist in raising section requisitions and issuing of stationery to staff.
Assisting in monthly Field Financial Report (FFR) Preparation
- Assist with the input of accounting entries into SUN Systems. Ensure there is proper supporting documentation for all payments and other accounting entries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree in Accountancy or ACCA/CIS equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an Accounts Department, and handling of cash experience is an added advantage.
- Required to have strong computer skills, knowledge of Computerised Accounting Packages such as SUN Systems will be an added advantage, also EXCEL and WORD.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and a high degree of professional integrity
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 23 August 2021
Related Jobs (18)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time