Finance Assistant (Temporary)
- Post Date:October 15, 2021
- Views 425
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV AIDS Research (CeSHHAR) was set up eight years ago to undertake i) sexual health and HIV related research in Zimbabwe; ii) research capacity strengthening to develop internationally competitive independent research investigators and iii) to form strategic partnerships with community and international stakeholders to ensure research is regionally relevant. It brought together several HIV research studies lead by Professor Frances Cowan, that had previously been run under the auspices of the Regai Dzive Shiri Project, which has operated in Zimbabwe since 1999. CeSHHAR is looking for a temporary Finance Assistant to cover a short-term gap that has arisen within the Finance department.
The role will be responsible for duties highlighted below and any other duties assigned by the supervisor:
- Ensure payments have full supporting documents and signed before being processed;
- Ensure the mathematical accuracy of all invoices, GRVs and general journals;
- Writing payment vouchers;
- Follow up on supplier invoices and statements as well as preparation of supplier reconciliations;
- Liaising with project staff on liquidation and reconciliation of advances;
- Assisting with posting transactions in the accounting system;
- Ensure all financial documents are adequately filed;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Assist in preparation of donor financial reports and audit preparation.
Qualifications and experience
- Must have a degree in Accounting from a reputable University / College;
- Fluency in English and Shona / Ndebele;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the NGO sector;
- Previous use of Sage Pastel evolution and updating transactions in a computerized accounting system.
If interested email your CV and application to [email protected] with copies of certificates and transcripts. Indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Duration 1 month.
Deadline: 19 October 2021
Related Jobs (9)
Project Accountant – Takunda Project on November 20, 2021