- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 528
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, assisting people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. Today IRC works in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, restoring safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC began programming in Zimbabwe in 2008 to support the cholera emergency response and has since been a key player in health, governance, markets development, and disaster risk reduction.
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant maintains cashbooks, handles all cash and bank payments and files all Finance documentation.
Cash and Bank payment processing-
- Maintain cash books at the set limits;
- Take ownership of any cash differences arising;
- Prepare the cash and bank spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by the Finance Officers prior to upload in SUN system.;
- Performing supervised cash counts every Fridays.;
- Ensure that all payments are accurately supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement;
- Ensure all cash received is duly receipted and coded;
- Filing-Prior to filing ensure that all documents have been stamped ‘PAID’;
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled accurately and clearly and sequential filing system for all disbursement vouch.;
- All files should be arranged sequentially;
Budget Vs Actual System-
- Clear aged payments requests in the BVA system.;
- Accept and mark payments in the BVA system as paid;
- Finance focal BVA administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance or Advanced Diploma in Accounting from a recognized institution.
- A recognized professional certificate in accounting (ACCA , CIS or equivalent certification would be an added advantage).
- Minimum of one (1) years of accounting experience;
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system).
Required Experience and Proficiencies
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language;
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the program organization;
- Must be a patient and good communicator who can function in an interpersonal environment involving a diversity of cultures, languages, and personal interests and agendas;
- Good at role of facilitator and excellent teammate in solving problems;
- Committed to staff training and development.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline: 30 May 2021
Related Jobs (38)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021