- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 569
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Harare
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections. CeSHHAR is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in nine priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e., Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, Mutare, Mangwe, Beitbridge and Gwanda. Under CeSHHAR the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive service to Young Women Selling Sex.
The role will be responsible for duties highlighted below and any other duties assigned by the supervisor:
- Ensure payments have full supporting documents and signed before being processed;
- Ensure the mathematical accuracy of all invoices, GRVs and general journals;
- Writing payment vouchers;
- Follow up on supplier invoices and statements as well as preparation of supplier reconciliations,
- Liaising with project staff on liquidation and reconciliation of advances,
- Assisting with posting transactions in the accounting system;
- Ensure all financial documents are adequately filed;
- Assist in preparation of donor financial reports and audit preparation.
Qualifications and experience
- Must have a degree in Accounting from a reputable University / College;
- Fluency in English and Shona / Ndebele.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the NGO sector.
If interested email your CV and application to [email protected] with copies of certificates and transcripts. Indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Position to start 1 June 2021.
Deadline: 17 May 2021 (COB)
Related Jobs (25)
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Multi-Country Director of Finance and Administration on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time