- Post Date:June 13, 2022
- Views 560
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Job Type: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Business Unit: Wholesale Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Finance Department
Vacancy Manager: Accountant
Purpose of the job
Prepare various tax and regulatory returns in a timely manner
Main Focus Areas
- Prepare all tax payments for the various tax heads before the due dates on a monthly basis.
- Prepare supporting calculations for Quarterly Payment Dates m(QPDs) and Annual Tax Returns including payment of the taxes.
- Collaborate with tax authorities on information requests and audits.
- Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Regulatory returns to ensure accuracy and completenessbefore submission to regulatory bodies.
- Investigate and explain all material periodic movements on such returns and initiate any correcting journals where discrepancies have been noted.
- Address and resolve queries on statutory returns and reports and provide first line contact with regulatory authorities.
- Maintain and track a calendar of all regulatory and tax returns
- Liase with the Tax Authorities monthly to prepare reconcilliations for all the tax head accounts with ZIMRA.
- Reconcile internal general ledger clearing accounts for all tax types on a monthly basis.
- Maintain an attestation file for internal and external tax accounts and ensure that reconciling items are cleared in atimely manner.
- Provide a monthly analysis of key P&L and Balance Sheet lines for month-end reporting.
- Prepare month-end schedules.
- Assist with resolution of internal and external audit findings.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- B.Comm, BA or BSc or equivalent in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, or related field.
- Progress towards a professional Accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, ICTA.
- Previous tax experience an advantage.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- The ability to show empathy to diffuse and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
- Strong knowledge of the full MS Office skills with
- Advanced Excel
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to: [email protected] with the Heading: “Finance Assistant” attaching your certified academic certificates, transcripts and ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing Date: 15 June [email protected] 16:30 hrs.
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship