- Post Date:February 16, 2021
- Views 353
- Career Level AssistantQualification Degree
Bantwana Zimbabwe seeks suitably experienced Finance Assistant based in Bulawayo for a CDC/Zim-TTECH funded DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe) Program. The program aims to reduce new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women aged 9-24 years and will be implemented in the aforementioned Matabeleland North districts. Bantwana will implement four core sets of interventions namely:
- HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention;
- Education Subsidies and primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support;
- Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting;
- Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
Purpose of position
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for assisting in instituting accounting controls, recording and reporting of assets, liabilities and income and the monitoring of disbursements of donor funds.
- Handling day-to-day accounting transactions;
- Process payments on a day-to-day basis;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly reconciliation;
- Help coordinate preparation of information such as; timesheets leave forms etc;
- Assisting with the preparation of FACE form and statement of expenditure;
- Submission of bi weekly expenditure analysis report;
- Assist with Tagging and monitoring of fixed assets;
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
- VAT reporting for ZIMRA;
- Assist with the preparation for audits;
- Assisting with District voucher system monitoring and tracking;
- Monitoring of Case management weekly planner;
- Assist program officers with travel, per diems and preparation of contracts;
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements;
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Receives/collects and consolidate quotations for office equipment and supplies;
- Prepares payment requests for all procurements and initiates contracts.
Qualifications, experience and key competencies required
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience;
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles;
- Working knowledge of accounting software packages (Quick books knowledge is an added advantage);
- Experience working in a team environment desirable;
- Knowledge of local languages (English, Shona, Ndebele) desired;
- Proficiency in the use of computers particularly Excel.
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letters demonstrating their suitability for the position and detailed CVs, clearly stating the position being in the subject section to: [email protected]
Bantwana Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 19 February 2021 (COB)