- Post Date:February 11, 2022
- Views 464
- Offered Salary $14,999Career Level AssistantQualification Degree
- Experience 1-3 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Salary (full time): $14,999 Salary (full time)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 10 months
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing date: 13 February 2022
Interview date: 16 February 2022
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives. We are a global movement of people, churches, and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, justice and love worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart. Everyone is equal in the sight of God. For over 70 years, this has inspired us to stand together in solidarity with our most marginalised global neighbours, of all faiths and none. We push for good nutrition and healthcare for all. We fight the climate crisis and provide urgent help when disasters strike. We work in places of conflict to stand against violence and build lasting peace. And we help people living in poverty to earn a fair wage so they can protect themselves in times of crisis. Above all, we seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change.
The Finance Assistant supports the finance function of Christian Aid Ireland’s IAPGII project in Zimbabwe with funding from Irish Aid. Working together with our local partners, Finance Manager, Senior Project Officer, Project Officer and other staff, this role with ensure that financial budgeting is efficiently monitored, and that internal and external financial reporting is achieved in a timely manner. The role will also support partner financial capacity.
- Cash, bank books and other financial documentation are maintained in SUN systems in an accurate and timely manner;
- Local budgets and donor funded interventions are managed, reviewed regularly and corrective action taken as necessary;
- Christian Aid and donor financial policies and procedures are complied with;
- Support Administration team on procurement policy implementation (requesting for quotes, order forms preparation and placement, etc);
- Basic clerical duties such as filing conducted accurately and timely with due care and attention;
- Partner staff are supported in financial management;
- Good relationships with third parties, suppliers and partners are maintained through positive communication;
- Internal, external and donor audits are supported, and any actions dealt with.
- At least a degree in Finance / Accounting / Commerce;
- Verbal and written fluency in English;
- Proven ability to address a range of basic financial issues;
- Experience working in the non-profit sector;
- Experience working with SUN system;
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
- Advanced use of Excel;
- Experience of dealing with institutional donor fund accounting;
- Training skills;
- Qualification in IT, HR or office management.
This is a national post on national terms and conditions of service. Candidates must have the right to work in Zimbabwe and therefore the role is only open to Zimbabwean nationals.
To apply; please click on the ‘Ápply Now’ tab below or click HERE
For enquiries regarding this vacancy, email [email protected]
CVs will not be accepted.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Competency questions (if required)
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
1. Build partnerships
Tell us about a time when you contributed time and ideas to a piece of work which was beyond you or your team’s role
- What was the context? What was the piece of work?
- What was your job? What were you asked to do?
- What action(s) did you take?
- What were the results?
2. Steward resources
Give us an example of when you managed your time effectively
- What was the context?
- What was expected of you?
- What action(s) did you take to manage your time more effectively?
- What was the outcome? What benefits could you demonstrate?
3. Deliver Results
Please tell us about a time when you were particularly conscious of the quality of your work and how you ensured it met the standards required
- What was the situation? Which piece of work? Why was it memorable?
- What had you been ask to do?
- What action(s) did you take to check the quality and standard?
- Were you successful? If so, how did you know?