- Post Date:September 15, 2021
- Views 360
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local organisation whose vision is to create a world where everyone has optimal health and wellness by providing state of the art interventions and whose goal is to assist all people and populations in Zimbabwe and southern Africa to attain the highest possible health outcomes, to enhance their wellness and improve their quality of life. The organisation implements community health initiatives, advocacy initiatives, research as well as clinical programs.
Finance assistant will be reporting to the Finance officer and working with the administration officer in the implementation of the HIV and Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) – Community Systems Strengthening (CSS) program in Mashonaland East and Mashonaland Central. The project will be focusing on: Community-Based Monitoring as well as Community Empowerment, Social Mobilization and Advocacy.
The Finance Assistant will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters;
- Assist in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports;
- Responsible for receiving analyzed monthly bills of mobile phone calls of all staff members, invoice and distribute invoices to concerned staff members;
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure;
- Assist in accurately and timely key-entering accounting data into the accounting system;
- Maintain custody of cash box during working hours;
- Perform regular cash counts;
- Ensure that all Petty cash transactions are adequately supported and approved;
- Develop and maintain an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System;
- Assist with payment processing, VAT Claims, end of year preparation and Audit Preparation;
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to staff, including interpretation of policies, setting up of systems, trouble shooting and resolution of outstanding issues;
- Work together with the finance team in planning and carrying out trainings on the organisation’s policies and procedures;
- Conducts other general administrative functions as may be requested in support of the Finance Department.
Ideal candidates are to possess:
- BAcc/BCom degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent from a reputable institution, coupled with 1 – 3 years post qualification relevant experience;
- Recent Graduate of ACCA, CIMA, ICSA, SAA, IAC, HND or any other relevant professional qualification with 1-3 years post qualification will be relevant;
- Familiarity with Global Fund grants or other donor funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds will be an added advantage.
Send your CV, Cover letter, certified scanned copies of your certificate / transcripts to: [email protected]
Deadline: 17 September 2021
Related Jobs (25)
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Multi-Country Director of Finance and Administration on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time