- Post Date:May 31, 2021
- Views 494
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
Working under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant’s primary role is to support the Finance department with financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency in offering an effective clerical support in service delivery.
- Works closely with the Finance Officer to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters;
- Assist in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports;
- Is responsible for receiving analyzed monthly bills of mobile phone calls of all staff members, invoice and distribute invoices to concerned staff members;
- Assists in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure;
- Assists in accurately and timely key-entering accounting data into the accounting system;
- Maintains custody of cash box during working hours;
- Performs regular cash counts;
- Ensures that all Petty cash transactions are adequately supported and approved;
- Develops and maintain an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System;
- Assists with payment processing, VAT Claims, end of year preparation and Audit Preparation;
- Provides technical assistance and capacity building to staff, including interpretation of policies, setting up of systems, trouble shooting and resolution of outstanding issues;
- Works together with the finance team in planning and carrying out trainings on ZHI policies and procedures;
- Conducts other general administrative functions as may be requested in support of the Finance Department.
Qualifications and experience
- BAcc/BCom/BTech degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, coupled with 1 – 3 years post qualification relevant experience;
- Recently Graduate of ACCA, CIMA, ICSA, SAA, IAC, HND or any other relevant professional qualification with 1-3 years post qualification will be relevant;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants or other donor funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds will be an added advantage. A customer-friendly attitude and an ability to cope with work-related stress;
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities;
- Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities in order to meet business objectives;
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal customers and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, conflict resolutions, policies and procedures;
- Good analytical, numerical and mature problem-solving skills;
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work;
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated experience in working with Accounting Packages such as Sage Evolution,Pastel, AccPac, Quick Books or any other Accounting Software;
- Ability to manage and work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in working in a multi- cultural setting;
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management with diplomacy and firmness;
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 2 June 2021
Related Jobs (10)
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time